No announcement yet.

Hi! New to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiant pipes came in with their Baffles, they are really well made. I also ordered another pair of Baffles I intend to wrap and slip onto extensions to quiet down the Radiant pipes. If it is too hot, I will fabricate a heat shield to protect the passenger. No matter what happens, I won't be putting the stock cans back on. I experiment with extracting Hydrogen from water (cracking it) and will probably disassemble the cans to salvage their insides to see if they are suitable. I'll be using the pipes going to to the Cans, cutting them off, and mount the Radiant exhaust in someplace suitable. I have to receive the Baffles in first to see where I end up with all the parts in hand. Christmas in Fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Kawasakian View Post
      I just received the Brake lines for the bike, I ordered a GALFER Braided Stainless Steel front brake line kit with the Dupont liners. I have the NISSIN calipers, (2002 02-03 Kawasaki ZX9R ZX900 Front Brake Calipers) can anyone give me recommendations on Great Pads to use? I would really like to put this together with quality pads. I have EBC pads on my Suzuki, they seem O.K., but I think the stock ones were better.... Any suggestions?
      Brake pads are like tyres: depends on the bike, how you ride and personal preference. I tried 4 different pads on the ZZR1200, my favourite was the DP. I did not like the EBC HH pads at all, but others swear by them.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I ended getting the EBC Sintered Brake pads, all four with pins for $77 bucks, on sale. Should be O.K. for now. I'll check out the DP in the future.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm waiting on these exhaust baffles I ordered, if I had known they were sending them by strapped to a camel, I would have done something else. 10 to 15 days before they are supposed to arrive. This was an Amazon order. They have been shipped, from the U.S., I just can't understand why I can get a front end with free shipping in 4 days and these tiny parts are taking 4 weeks? Rant over.......

Comment

I got a "Quictent" in today, I wanted something to store the bike nicely from the elements, (whichever one I'm using) and this was $259.99. Great reviews, got it in 4 days. Very heavy duty. I'll post pics when I build it.It's a 4 season tent, you build a base to take it off the ground and seal it. It has vvents to breath.

Quictent.jpg

Comment

Cool!

A new place to stay when the wife kicks me out of the house again for buying a motorcycle
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Hah!! I thought the same thing!!

Comment

Got the bike registered yesterday. Done by appointment only, I have never been through DMV so fast. They should keep this appointment method in permanently, it weeds out the idiots. I am almost finished with the exhaust modifications, and will start posting pics of the bikes so you guys can have something to laugh at.

Comment

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I purchased a Radian Shorty exhaust, cut off the straight pipe from the original exhaust, and found a 2" clamp to clamp them together. I also have a baffle I will spot weld to the Radiant Exhausts (one on each side) and will wrap the Baffle with Steel Wool exhaust wrapping I purchased. I also purchased the Radiant Baffle that goes into the end. I just got the bike registered. Everything is by appointment, it all went very smooth. These pipes weigh around 7 lbs. a big weight savings. I hope they sound acceptable. The original exhausts aren't going back on, regardless.

Some pics below:A.jpg B.jpg
                      Last edited by Kawasakian; 10-08-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X