No announcement yet.

Hi! New to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely. I don't want to even think of the stress problems that could cause. Once I get the adjustment, I will match then off the bike. Good to hear they worked well. I need an inch lower to help me out. I could get away without doing it, but this will make life much easier. I purchased a side stand off of EBAY for $15.00 bucks, and will shorten that, and weld the flat back onto it to compensate for the bike being lower. Roll the bike backwards onto a 2" x 4" and the side stand center stand will come down easily. I do have one of those stands with wheels that picks up the rear end. Thanks.

Comment

The company that sold me the "Dog Bones" lowering plates that did not fit gave me a complete refund. Furthermore, they did not ask for the "Dog Bones Kit" back. They will fit the ZZR600, not sure what years, and they are Laser cut, well made. They were very quick about it, asking for "My Forgiveness"!! Honestly, if they had something I needed and I knew it would fit, I would purchase from them again, because of their quick resolution to the issue, and genuine politeness. I already gave up on etting any money back, or the return shipping not making it worth it. Actually, just going to the Post Office would make them not worth returning!

Comment

The "Soupy's" adjustable Suspension kit came it. Very well made. The instructions could use some work. I don't know why they made those bushings an interference fit, but I didn't read the instructions, a picture speaks a 1000 words. Anywho, I pressed, with my hands, the bushings into the recessed parts and then realized I had screwed up. a senior moment, nah, just a dumbass not following the instructions. I actually tried everything but could not get these bushing I squeezed in with my hands out. I ended up having to mount the ends in my lathe and machining them out. Tomorrow I'll make new bushings. I think they should include a picture, not instructions written so small, you need a magnifying glass to read them. Well made though and I got them fast, and paid $137, which was a great price.
        Last edited by Kawasakian; 07-25-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I have repaired the goofup I did and made new bushings, great thing, a lathe is. Lowering kit is mounted on bike, I had to go all the way comparing it to the stock bars, to get an inch of lowering. In a worse case scenario, I guess I could redo the seat, it's really wide. Now to put on the rear and front wheels, and sync the carbs. Getting so close, I can't wait for that first ride.

Comment

I have the Soupy's lift/lowering kit on my bike. It works really well. One thing they should have mentioned is that the center stand will NOT be usable, as it does not clear the "Kit". They state it may be difficult to get your bike up because of leverage issues, but it doesn't clear the kit at all. It would have been much easier to take the center stand off when the bike was disassembled rather than realize that not only can't I get the bike off the center stand, but have to jack up the rear end and then remove it without the easier access I had. Great product, crappy instructions., real crappy. Now to lower the front end a little, sync the carbs and register the bike. Then finally ride it.

Oh, of course I was so careful to keep track of every part, and within 5 minutes of removing the rear axle nut from the axle, it disappears, so I had to order another one. I was able to get the bike off the trailer, as I just purchased a new oven, and had to pick it up. It's still hot ass balls and working outside, even under a tarp is just plain miserable. So much closer now, and that lowering by an inch made all the difference in the world for me. That made the kit worth while, it is is built really tough.

Comment

I was able to pick up a pair of NISSIN Calipers (the ones recommended on this forum, off of the, " the last-generation ZX9R (2002-03) used a beautiful, high-spec Nissin 4-piston caliper", in great shape) for my ZZR1200, plus the master cylinder assembly, and reservoir for approx. $185 dollars. The Genmar Risers have come in and I will have no problem lowering the bike one (1") inch. Any apprehensions people have on this is kind of ridiculous as the suspension moves so much more than that going down the road, and I did the Trigonometry on this, figuring you're lowering the height "Side Adjacent" to the "Hypotenuse", the "forks", the actual change is like if the bike happened to lower one inch during a ride on both tires, there would be ho handling difference, as the Soupys Link it has lowered the rear end one inch. I did the calculations on my CAD program (Rhino 3D). I believe it's a non issue, as the Genmar Risers give more than enough room to slide the fork tubes up. I want to do everything before I ride this bike because I am not tall, 5' 7" inches only and the roads in Connecticut just aren't what they used to be, so I want no issues at the Stop signs, or Stop lights.

The Hurricane missed us, so it looks like I will getting the bike on the road soon. I'll post pics once the bike is registered, and I have done the mods I want to do. I have to find someone to polish the exhaust cans as there is some kind of schmutz on there, and I'd rather have a nice even polish then throw my back out and make it look worse. The advice given to me on this forum has allowed me to put this bike on the road in the best configuration I believe I can have, I thank you all for your input.

Comment

Insomnia, EBAY, and a Credit Card are not a good combination. I managed to find a just listed 2005 ZZR1200 front end, both triple trees, front axle, guaranteed straight, and very clean looking front end for $169. Add $65 bucks more for shipping. These are off a 2005 ZZR1200 and have rebound dampening, which my '03 does not have. Couldn't resist it. So the NISSIN calipers will go on with the '05 forks, and the front end lowered all at the same time. I will have spare parts in the event something happens in the future. With the Genmar Risers, I think I will have this bike in the optimum condition I need for when I finally take it out. I have no idea how to set the rebound dampening on these things, so if anybody wants to chime in, please do. I am committed to this bike. I don't understand the things I read about it's looks, as I like the way the bike looks, I love the dash. Well, that's the latest news, the front end should arrive by Sept. 4th.

Comment

I had on 05 with the rebound adjustment. I couldn't tell much difference between the settings and left it standard.

The big improvement for me was changing the fork oil to 7.5 wt. That improved the damping and made the bike more stable in fast corners.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                  99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Thanks on the fork oil info. My Suzuki has anti-dive, and while many say negative things, like mushy brakes, which has to do with cleaning the sliding mounts, a slightly heavier fork oil made a huge difference. With your info, I know where to start with the ZZR1200. I will be leaving my motorcycles to my son, and want to leave one really set up for him. He is of age, but due to an illness, can't ride now, he can ride buddy up, but not pilot, but hopefully this will clear up.

Comment

There a number of "how to's" on youtube about setting up suspension. Rebound seems to be about the easiest to do. Let us know how you make out.

Comment

Thank You. I have to remount the Soupys link kit because of something stupid I did. The new forks will be in this weekend. I am going to order steel braided lines, new pads for the NISSIN calipers I purchased. I have a 2nd side stand that I will be cutting down a Tig welding the stock pad to it, to compensate for the lowered stance. I am going to try to register the bike next week. Fighting Pancreatitis right now. The Genmar Risers will go on with new new/used '05 forks. This is like a super gift to myself. Wife is still pissed off, but what the heck, you live once. I have driven big bore bikes before. I think the biggest was a KZ1300. It was huge, and you really felt like you were sitting on the behemoth. It was a "Standard' model with a slab seat. I drove a hopped up GS1000 Suzuki 1000 from Nelson Ledges Tsce track Ohio to an airport and back in Chicago. The return trip, it was hard to keep that bike under 100 mph. There will be a learning cure. I look forward to it.

Comment

I removed the exhaust mufflers to facilitate repair on the Soupys link. These exhaust are far far too heavy. One muffler weighs more than my whole GS750ES muffler system, which is also a dual system, just one muffler! They have to go. I will temporarily be putting on a pair of Radians shorty pipes. I may try modifying a slim exhaust pipe from something else. I actually have an antique flow meter which I could use to test air flow with a leaf blower, for comparison to stock. Future project, but I cannot put all that weight back on that bike, what was Kawasaki thinking?

Comment

The mufflers have catalytic converters inside and so have to be able to take high exhaust temps. That's one reason why they are heavy.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Thanks Moise that explains a lot, Thank You! They weigh far too much and emissions are not checked in Connecticut on motorcycles. I ordered some Radiant Short GP pipes with Baffles which I know will be too loud, but if you saw what some people get away with, I should be O.K. if I don't scream about much. It will take me a while on my limited income to get a more expensive quieter set up. I may have to try and make something. I could use the Platinum inside of them for cracking some water and making Hydrogen, another hobby far removed from this forum's interest. Thanks!

Comment

I just received the Brake lines for the bike, I ordered a GALFER Braided Stainless Steel front brake line kit with the Dupont liners. I have the NISSIN calipers, (2002 02-03 Kawasaki ZX9R ZX900 Front Brake Calipers) can anyone give me recommendations on Great Pads to use? I would really like to put this together with quality pads. I have EBC pads on my Suzuki, they seem O.K., but I think the stock ones were better.... Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X