Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rekindling my ZZR love!

Hi all,

Forgot to introduce myself and my new bike.

Had a ZZR600 E a few years back and loved it. Did a lot of work like engine out and gearbox rebuild. Had to sell it as chose a car for the boring 80 mile round trip motorway commute.

However, always regretted it! I have bought another now (2000) to replace the car as I dont commute anywhere near the miles and can enjoy the twisties instead .

Got some work to do though.

The plastics are bad, someone thought smoked lights are a good thing ( I dont, I like to be seen and not pulled over as he didnt change the bulbs and so they flashed white!).
    She is all black and so will be repainted after repairing the plastics. I want to go back to the Purple/White/Red my previous bike was. Will have to see how my spraying holds up to do that!
    I have bought some Nissin front brake calipers with new EBC pads (In the process of fitting) to replace the worn out Tokico`s.
    She doesnt run brilliantly. I have a post about that in the technical section. And I am wondering if a stage 1 kit or something will help the bogging down when overtaking issue. Also need to sort the idling as even warmed up and adjusted, it wants to die without choke.
    I will probably do the chain and sprockets when funds allow.
    The standard exhausts need to be cleaned up and repaired and other rust spots need sorting.
    The seat needs recovering and maybe some extra padding added!!.
    I have added bar risers as it has a touring screen (again comfortable fast cruising is what Im after) and heated grips.

So if anyone wants to buy a cheap to run car let me know (2010 Mazda 3 1.6 Diesel. Had a lot of work done and everything works except the aircon doesnt blow cold and some A-hole decided to put a foot sized dent in the boot lid)

Also all the bits I take off and replace that are worth reselling will be for sale. Right now the 4 smoked lens indicators including bulbs and fittings are available. Make me an offer!

Cheers
    James

Welcome aboard, Smuggler, and congratulations on the bike

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Originally posted by Smuggler View Post
      Hi all,

Forgot to introduce myself and my new bike.

Had a ZZR600 E a few years back and loved it. Did a lot of work like engine out and gearbox rebuild. Had to sell it as chose a car for the boring 80 mile round trip motorway commute.

However, always regretted it! I have bought another now (2000) to replace the car as I dont commute anywhere near the miles and can enjoy the twisties instead .

Got some work to do though.

The plastics are bad, someone thought smoked lights are a good thing ( I dont, I like to be seen and not pulled over as he didnt change the bulbs and so they flashed white!).
      She is all black and so will be repainted after repairing the plastics. I want to go back to the Purple/White/Red my previous bike was. Will have to see how my spraying holds up to do that!
      I have bought some Nissin front brake calipers with new EBC pads (In the process of fitting) to replace the worn out Tokico`s.
      She doesnt run brilliantly. I have a post about that in the technical section. And I am wondering if a stage 1 kit or something will help the bogging down when overtaking issue. Also need to sort the idling as even warmed up and adjusted, it wants to die without choke.
      I will probably do the chain and sprockets when funds allow.
      The standard exhausts need to be cleaned up and repaired and other rust spots need sorting.
      The seat needs recovering and maybe some extra padding added!!.
      I have added bar risers as it has a touring screen (again comfortable fast cruising is what Im after) and heated grips.

So if anyone wants to buy a cheap to run car let me know (2010 Mazda 3 1.6 Diesel. Had a lot of work done and everything works except the aircon doesnt blow cold and some A-hole decided to put a foot sized dent in the boot lid)

Also all the bits I take off and replace that are worth reselling will be for sale. Right now the 4 smoked lens indicators including bulbs and fittings are available. Make me an offer!

Cheers
      James
      You sound like a Brit there James! Welcome, and make sure you let folks know where you are if you want to sell your Mazzie.

Greg
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the site
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Good point Gregness!!!

I am indeed from the UK, near Ipswich.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to site.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Comment

Working...
              X