Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ZZR1200 owner from France

Hello everybody!
    For almost two months I've been reading this great forum to find out some info here and there. I finally decided to join in!
    To me this motorcycle has a weird mojo and I always dreamed of owning one: this exact model and color (candly lighting blue, so awesome).
    This summer, thanks to a round-number anniversary, I decided to make this very affordable dream come true and I started searching for my next motorcycle.
    Curiously a guy in a town very close to mine was selling his 2004 zzr of this color: it had 45k miles but the conditions were stunning. So I bought it without thinking twice and I started enjoying my two weeks summer break, during which I rode almost 2000 miles .
    I'm a long time motorbiker but I was coming from a mid-touring yamaha 600, so the first impressions were of a huge difference in power but also in weight (consider I'm 5ft10 and 150 pounds). I learned to handle it pretty soon and I feel very much at ease on it now.
    I hope I'll soon be able to add a picture of it in my avatar!
    I'd have a couple of technical questions for which I'll open some dedicated topics, meanwhile, I'll also try to provide some help on the same topic, as I've always been DIY mechanic an all my cars and bikes.
    Cheers!

Welcome Joe, and congratulations on the purchase.
    A picture would be good.
    Lots of information on this site.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Welcome to the site and congrats on the ZZR. It’s a wonderful bike.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Yes, welcome. Looking forward to seeing that candy lightning blue.

Comment

Welcome Joe.

I'm AMAZED that nobody had already used that member name... LOL.
          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Beinvenu!

Looking forward to pics of your bike and pics of your rides in France!
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Welcome to the best for the almighty Zed. Lots of info to be had around here.
              "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
              but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Welcome to the forum Joe. The ZZR is a great platform to ride & easy to keep in good running order.

Love to hear about you favourite routes. So many amazing old twisty roads I noticed on my 1st & only trip May 2019
                Last edited by bctrout; 09-13-2020, 01:19 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard, Joe, and congratulations on the bike

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                  ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Thank you all!

ramblin66 : me too! I guess nobody ever even tried to pick this nickname

bctrout, I live in the south of France, in the Côte d' Azur area. I recently did a long trip to the north-east of italy so all along the French riviera and the italian one: not many curves but an amazing sight.

Here's a photo I took during a refuelling stop, I was lucky enough to get one with the comfort seat, so long rides are not a problem!

Joes.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X