New Owner of 2003 ZZR1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner of 2003 ZZR1200

Hi there, I just bought a neglected 2003 ZZR1200 with 14800 miles on it from a coworker last Sunday (8/30/20). Rode it about 50 miles back to it’s new home and parked it in the garage so I can work on some basic maintenance. This last few days I’ve been slowly taking off the fairings and checking few other things out. Peeling off the outer layers of my new baby I’m discovering more signs of neglect from the owner (coworker) who has a Maintenance Mechanic as a job title. I’m not a mechanic but have few basic tools that can take things apart (hopefully put back together). That’s why I joined this forum. To seek guidance and informations that I do very lack. Most of the technical and internal stuff this baby needs will be done by real experts that I need to pay. It’s going to be an adventure for me to make this baby back to a well maintained and safe road missile. Till next time. By the way I live in Chicago and cold days is fast approaching. Hibernation is getting close... I’ll keep you guys posted on my adventure. Thanks, Ryoshi

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! Lots of info on this site regarding the ZZR1200. I had an ‘03 too
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Glad you are Ryo she will do more than you can. Peace

Comment

Welcome to the site

Please feel free to post up any questions you might have.

Unless they are " What is the best oil?" or "What are the best tires?"
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Ryoshi, and congratulations on the bike

Please post some photos of her for us

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Great choice of bike Ryoshi the guys and girls on this forum have a wealth of knowledge

Comment

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the site.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Welcome!
                “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Welcome! Fresh fuel and wide open throttle for a couple of tanks.
                  KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Thanks for welcoming and the “wide throttle” advice. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                      Welcome! Fresh fuel and wide open throttle for a couple of tanks.
                      Only a few tanks, Jimmy?

Ryoshi, welcome to the site. You'll get lots of help here
                      CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

Another warm welcome. Keep us posted how the old girl behaves.

Comment

Nice pick up...

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on the new - to - you ride! Post a pic or two?

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll post a better picture of it when I get it out of the garage. But here is a blurry (helps to not see how dusty it was) picture of my ride home when I picked it up from the former owner.

Comment

Working...
                              X