X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Welcome and OBM the best colour.
      Always have a go yourself. Remember that a novice built the Ark. And experts built the Titanic.

Comment

To Moise, front end is still stock. I intend to live with the Nitron shock for a while, experiment with settings, and see if the forks emerge as a weak link. Not obvious yet.

If I do want to pursue a fork upgrade, is there a consensus here? Cartridges and springs from RaceTech and Traxxion are possibilities, but kinda costly experiments. I worry that the rarity of the ZZR1200, especially here in the US, means none of these guys has much of a database of experience with it. That was part of my rationale for going with the UK-sourced Nitron shock. Europeans know the bike a little better. I recently stumbled across the Italian-made Matris cartridges Don't know anything about them, but they list a ZZR1200 application. What's the wisdom around here on improving fork action?

Comment

Recently discussed
          here.
          I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Thanks BillDownUnder. I had read that thread. Good info, but I’m not sure spring rate is going to be an issue for me.

Damping action feels more likely to be the limiting factor eventually. The stock ZZR cartridge is good as a cost-conscious compromise, but it won’t deliver the kind of compliance with stability that more sophisticated (and, yes, more expensive) systems can. I’ll experiment with fork oil weight and level, but there’s only so much that can do.

Admittedly, it’s really only relevant to a small percentage of my riding time — specifically, running hard on fast secondary roads with two brothers and a son on their shorter, lighter, more advanced sport bikes — but that time is also the most critical and valued of all the riding I do. So we’ll see. The good news is the ZZR works really darn well as it is, and any improvements from here will be gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS1701 View Post
              The good news is the ZZR works really darn well as it is, and any improvements from here will be gravy.
              ...................and there you have it

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
              X