Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-4. I completely understand.

Bike looks to be in pretty good shape.

Appears to have "fallen" (pun intended) victim to the notorious " kick stand gives out, bike falls on left side, scratches fairing and breaks blinker lens " syndrome.

It's gotten many of us

Appears to have a nice set of Muzzy's. I'd imagine if it's been sitting a while the carbs need gone through. Also a chance that PO put a jet kit in when he installed the Muzzy's. If so, that could be the reason why you're smelling so many fumes.

Thanks for the pics and bike bio

BTW

Where you located?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Also, it's a well known fact on ZZR Bikes that your '02 Galaxy Silver IS the fastest color.

Take my word for it (my '02):

190.jpg
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

+1 on a carb overhaul and checking to see if you have the right jets to match the Muzzys.

-1 on Silver being fast. Everyone knows that Moonlight is fastest.
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Beautiful machine !!! Yes I was thinking about opening the carbs but im a car and outboard boat motor guy. Dont know how to figure out which jets....Dont know if ill be able to get them back together lol

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Bike looks to be in pretty good shape.

Appears to have "fallen" (pun intended) victim to the notorious " kick stand gives out, bike falls on left side, scratches fairing and breaks blinker lens " syndrome.

It's gotten many of us
            Tell me more... My 12 has a pronounced lean on the sidestand.
            What do I need to look for and fix?

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post
              +1 on a carb overhaul and checking to see if you have the right jets to match the Muzzys.

-1 on Silver being fast. Everyone knows that Moonlight is fastest.
              Nope. Mine is the fastest. PMB.

Sidestand - see if where it attaches needs tightening up.
              I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast PC View Post
                Beautiful machine !!! Yes I was thinking about opening the carbs but im a car and outboard boat motor guy. Dont know how to figure out which jets....Dont know if ill be able to get them back together lol
                Thanks although I no longer have it any more.

If you aren't comfortable tackling it yourself you might have a shop look into it. It might be as simple as just needing a good cleaning and adjustment/ balancing. Also, don't know where you are located or if there is even a god shop in your area??

I don't do carbs either so I can't help you with any of that. Sorry.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmetvonthrob View Post

Don't know if your bike has any more lean than is normal.

Just seems that many of us have had the kickstand give out/fold up for some unknown reason.

About the only remedy is to make sure the bike is in gear and that you have taken out any slop in the drivetrain before turning your back on it

Seems like it doesn't take much forward movement before the kickstand is past the fulcrum point and down it goes.

Just be thoughtful when putting the side stand down

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post

Nope. Mine is the fastest. PMB.
                    In Australia you are correct.

Because as we know, things in Australia are 180 degrees opposite of the United States.

So, PMB which is the slowest color in the United States is actually the fastest color in Australia.

Comment

Sounds good, Ill let you guys know, Im in New York..

Comment

Originally posted by Helmetvonthrob View Post

Check that your tires are the correct size and that your suspension is in standard configuration. Just a few millimeters of extra height will make for pronounced lean on the side stand.
                        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                        (c) I never worry much about anything.
                        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                        (e) I love my wife and children.
                        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

I suggest having Raul at wheelsmith racing in san Rafael ca rebuild your carbs and have him put his jet kit in. He has tons of knowledge with these carbs and the bike will run like a missile once he works his magic.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenon View Post
                            I suggest having Raul at wheelsmith racing in san Rafael ca rebuild your carbs and have him put his jet kit in. He has tons of knowledge with these carbs and the bike will run like a missile once he works his magic.
                            Is he a sponsor of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Is he a sponsor of yours?
                              Not at all. Just not many good mc carb guys out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X