Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 2002 ZZR 1200, Problem with choke

Thank you for the add,

Choke lever dosent seem to do anything. What could be the issue ?
    Takes a little effort to get the bike started...by working the throttle...once started seems to run fine..maybe slightly rich..

Suggestions ??

Thanks

Does the lever move?
    You may have to get under the tank, and check the cable, and how (or if) it is attached at the carb end.
    I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Agree with Bill. If the cable were connected it would have a profound effect, both with an easy start, and high idle.

Comment

Sounds like a broken or disconnected cable...Does it seem to move freely (not stuck)?
        If the lever is moving freely but no effect... either it's disconnected, broken, stretched or the cable tension adjusters are way out.
        Before removing the tank, try screwing the cable adjuster all the way out and see if you can get any choke out of it.
        If not, time to pull the tank and see what's going on under there.
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Yes it does move freely.... I will try your suggestions thank you gents

Comment

Where are the adjusters located ?

Comment

Welcome aboard, FastPC, and congratulations on the bike

I have no technical assistance to offer - Like Oddball, I just ride it, I don't know what makes it work

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
              ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

I haven't had any "choke-fast idle" issues, so I don't have any in-put on where
                the adjustments are, but I can tell you, the lever does have a little tension on it
                when moving it. Sounds like it might have come loose somewhere.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by Fast PC View Post
                  Where are the adjusters located ?
                  Here's the page from the manual...

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

You guys ROCK !! Thanks so much !!

Comment

Originally posted by Fast PC View Post
                      You guys ROCK !! Thanks so much !!
                      Yes we do.

Post up some pics and hang out with us.

Always nice to have new members to share knowledge with
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

zzr2.jpg

Comment

zzr1.jpg

Comment

Big O....much appreciated...Lost my mother last year.....Working on the bikes...Hangin with guys like you....Helps me get through...

Comment

Ahem "Clears throat"..... lol back to Biz lol. Bikes in decent shape, I have 2 Vulcans, 2006 900 lt, 2006 VN2000. Nice Cruisers but Im a KZ1000 Guy since im a kid. Wanted something sporty. I was orininally shopping for an 85 GPZ 900 like the one from top gun, Came across this, price was right, 11000 miles on the clock, Bikes in decent shape. Figured out the choke situation. Bike was sitting for about 8 months. Starts and runs now, It is rideable...But the smell fumes that come out of this thing is unbearable....

Comment

Working...
                              X