No announcement yet.

ZZR1200 added to stable today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck on the project, Rr. If you're still looking at a front brake upgrade, I can suggest a solution I found simple, elegant and effective. The last-generation of the ZX9R, '02-'03, went to a really high-spec 4-piston Nissin caliper that swaps right into the ZZR1200. I also used the 9 master cylinder, just because I felt the stock lever needed kind of a lot of travel before pressurizing the system, and the result is quite excellent. I plumbed braided-stainless brake lines with proper AN end fittings instead of banjo bolts, which I always suspect of harboring little air pockets in their internal channels. Just a thing of mine. But it all works extremely well: immediate response, good feel, lots of power. And the major components are Kawasaki.

Comment

Thanks for the brake info! Project has been on hold since this virus thing started. Can’t get down to my place in NY so no ordering parts. Hopefully will get back to it later this year. Meantime I’m doing my best to enjoy my Suzuki...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well hello from Iowa. I sold my 1990 ZX11 28 years ago and just purchased a well used 2004 ZZR1200. Its great to be back up on two wheels again.

Comment

Been a while. Project has been on hold till now due to covid. Picked up a scrap ZZR today. I will rebuild and use the forks and the monoshock. I found one of my forks is bent so that works out. Will rebuild the calipers and use them, comes with a corbin seat with backrest, a good rad, and a complete headlight housing assembly in like new cond. tires are perfect too.

Comment

Corbin seat, headlight assembly available.

Comment

Mishmash of other bits

Comment

Fired her up last night. Even though it was stored for about a year it fired after turning over about 6 times. Changed the forks already but still have more items to attend to and hoping for a shakedown ride later this weekend.

Comment

Looking good!
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

ya boy peace

Comment

Noticed a caliper leaking. I guess so man check out that crossover orifice. Nuttin left of the o-ring neither.

Comment

Gonna be like new only better when I’m done!

Comment

Originally posted by Railrocker View Post
                          Noticed a caliper leaking. I guess so man check out that crossover orifice. Nuttin left of the o-ring neither.

He said "orifice", "nuttin" and "o ring" all in the one post.

I think I like this guy
                          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

You just have a 1-track mind ....
                            Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X