ZZR1200 added to stable today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1200 added to stable today

Hi! ZZR newbie here! Its winter here in Montreal but I am looking forward to riding it. I know the former owner well and he is moving on to another bike. I do want to upgrade the front brakes. One caliper needs rebuilding but this is a good time to totally upgrade. Anybody on the forum with experience on doing this? Any guidance will help. Cheers! Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, and congratulations on picking up an awesome bike! If you do enough digging on this site you should find just about any ZZR1200 question answered.

A few people here have done a swap to early-2000s Suzuki GSXR Tokico front calipers. There should be lots of posts about it floating around already. Another Canadian on this site did the mod about two years ago.

Make sure you find a Greg Couch superbike fork brace if yours hasn't got one already. It's the single-best mod for improving front-end feel (the forks are undersized and bendy).

Comment

Howdy

Comment

Hello, welcome to the site.
        Front brakes: this is what I did.
        I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Very informative. I will try to replicate your brake mod it is exactly what this old ZZR needs. I will start scouring the net for bits and pieces and will report back here as the work progresses. I gotta say this 60 yr old is pretty stoked at the prospect of riding this beast this summer. I have a 2005 DL also and have been riding for decades. Cheers! Pete

Comment

A more up-to-date link to the adapter is here.
            I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Welcome to the site!
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the site. Lots of great peeps here. This is the de facto source of info on the ZZR and big bore Kwaks. Enjoy the ride!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Welcome to the site
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

100 MM Bracket adapters ordered. Existing OEM brakes including rotors pulled off bike and awaiting new parts. Now looking for GSXR calipers. Going with braided lines as well. Brembo... hmmm..Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Railrocker View Post
                      100 MM Bracket adapters ordered. Existing OEM brakes including rotors pulled off bike and awaiting new parts. Now looking for GSXR calipers. Going with braided lines as well. Brembo... hmmm..Is it possible?
                      Brembo calipers?

Don't know of it ever being done on a ZZR.

Of course, that could be for a reason
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Railrocker, and congratulations on the bike

You owe us some photos of her

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                        ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Welcome! You are right in the average age bracket for the site as well!
                          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Photos to come. To much junk in front of it right now. Will be cleared out once the real work begins....;p

Comment

Working...
                            X