New , but to this forum . Long time ZZR bike owner / Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New , but to this forum . Long time ZZR bike owner / Builder

Hello i'm Bryan also known as c10 on www.zrxoa.org , and www.hayabusa.org I retired my ZX11D many years ago that is built with many ZZR1200 parts . I specialize in ZX based engines of the old 10 to ZZR12 . Ran into a few members in Eureka a few weeks ago , and did some digging around to find them here . Great ride up 23 with them .
    No longer does a ZRX , ZZR live in my garage , but they still find their way to my lift table . Still have some parts in the attic . Wanted to say hello , and if anyone in Houston are feel free to ping me . I have shims , and parts ;) Here are a few pictures from past to present .

c10 comes from classic C10 trucks , but i'm short @ 5' 1 " so its a lower case c :) WEll never mind on photos as photobucket is total garbage these days , and I even pay add free . Still adds , and page crashes trying to select photos to link .

welcome....and i remember being passed on 23.....
    Yea that's me doing cabbage patch angles on the side of the road!!!! Just wave cuz I'm OK :)

Comment

Trans is a ZZR12 Billy @ Robinsonindustries did for me .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello Bryan.

Thanks for the formal introduction to the site.

Love what you did to your REX. That's a 2000 model correct?

Did you do the fabrication/

Really like what appears to be the aluminum cradle.

What year is your Busa? Looks like a very well sorted bike for laying down the miles.

At 5'1", did you have to lower it?

So you're saying that trans in your Busa is ZZR based?

Unfortunately, I was either in front of you or a bit behind you when you met up with some of the group.

Definitely would have enjoyed railing with you

Mike
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ahhh, the Kawabusa! Had completely forgotten about that bike.

You still have the Motus? The Kawabusa?

A few of us were down at Barber for Vintage Days several years ago and took a tour of their factory.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I greatly appreciate your research and execution of mods and updates for the bikes you owned.
                I bought a 95 GPZ because the Lawson Bike was not available.
                I'm happy that you are on this site.

Welcome and please stay here.

Sin's a good mans brother.

Comment

Mike the ZZR trans was for a ZZR based 1224 motor , Kawabusa is a long time favorite bike that a friend of mine owns . That motus was a low mile demo I almost bought . Wife asked me to wait a bit , and glad I did . What year were you guys at Barber ? My wife , and I rode up the year the Hurricane shut Sunday events down .

Comment

Welcome c10. Peace

Comment

Welcome to the site! Nice pics of your bikes over the years Your Busa looks set for some fast touring!
                      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by c10 View Post
                        Mike the ZZR trans was for a ZZR based 1224 motor , Kawabusa is a long time favorite bike that a friend of mine owns . That motus was a low mile demo I almost bought . Wife asked me to wait a bit , and glad I did . What year were you guys at Barber ? My wife , and I rode up the year the Hurricane shut Sunday events down .
                        Don't remember for sure.

Had to be at least 5 years ago.

Comment

Ok Mike it was only two years ago for us .
                          spedexprt it crosses the country quickly.
                          Three iron butt's in a week last year . Two saddle sore 1000's and a bun burner 1500 in 36 hours.
                          I've added electronic cruise control, and dropped 89 pounds off the Hayabusa.

Comment

Originally posted by c10 View Post
                            Ok Mike it was only two years ago for us .
                            spedexprt it crosses the country quickly.
                            Three iron butt's in a week last year . Two saddle sore 1000's and a bun burner 1500 in 36 hours.
                            I've added electronic cruise control, and dropped 89 pounds off the Hayabusa.
                            You should get out and ride more often

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                              Youth is not a time of life... It's a state of mind

Comment

Working...
                              X