Hi from Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Scotland

Hi everybody, I may be an interloper on this forum as I have a 1989 ZX10 which I have had for five years.
    I'm slowly modifying and upgrading it with ZZR parts which I will call project ZZX-10.
    I’ll post in a more appropriate forum with my questions, but thanks for letting me join.

Welcome to the site Good luck with your project ZZX-10.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Hey Tomcat! Welcome and no apologies needed for joining in. Where in Scotland are you? Some great oilheads on this site so post up with progress and tap into the wisdom?
      Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
      A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

Welcome!
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I am based on the East coast in Dundee, roughly 1/2 way between Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Tomcat!!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Hello and welcome to ZZR bikes!

Not an interloper at all.

Many of us have come from the ZX platform and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hell, some of them might even be correct!

Again, welcome to the site

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

"I am based on the East coast in Dundee, roughly 1/2 way between Edinburgh and Aberdeen."
                Surprise! Newport on Tay here! I'll wave across the water! Dave

Comment

Originally posted by philabeg View Post
                  "I am based on the East coast in Dundee, roughly 1/2 way between Edinburgh and Aberdeen."
                  Surprise! Newport on Tay here! I'll wave across the water! Dave
                  Bloody hell, its a small world right enough, once I've figured out how to upload a photo you'll have to guess where I took it!!!

Comment

Yer on! Post up! Anyways, pics are mandatory on this site. No pics.. it didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by philabeg View Post
                      Yer on! Post up! Anyways, pics are mandatory on this site. No pics.. it didn't happen!
                      Pic 1. An easy one
                      Fife run June 2018 001.JPG

Comment

Ha! Just along the road to Tayport. Looking over towards The Ferry. Very pretty scoot!
                        Not too long after this one. This is the bike started me as a Kawa nut.
                        Last edited by philabeg; 10-15-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

I have owned various Kwacks over the years:
                            AE80, GPz550 H1, GPz900R then finally the current 89 ZX10.
                            Never tried the 1000RX but thought it looked like a missile the first time I saw it in Jack Gow's
                            Anyway time for Pic 2 an earlier time before I semi-fightered her.
                            Back across the water this time.....

1016299_10201684874954573_6952159_n.jpg

Comment

Is that the monument just at the back of Dundee off the Forfar road? Not sure.
                              Yeah the RX was the holder of the fastest stock road machine at the time. I bought her in 1986 and was good for 168mph supposedly. I'd traded my GS1000E for it which was Gow's own bike apparently.
                              See if you know where this is? One of the very few left I imagine?

Comment

Working...
                              X