Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from eastern U.S.A!

Hey everybody,
    Been checking out the site for the last few months, found ALOT of useful info on here and decided to join! Bought a 2004 ZZR1200 with 45k miles on it in June. Love this bike! Only problem im having is finding fairings/cowlings for it. Any suggestions for finding parts for this newbie?

Welcome for starters. OEM plastic is tough to come by.
    There are some aftermarket ones out there(probably China made). So, with that, fitment could be an issue from what I hear. You’ll just have to hunt and get lucky. Is yours missing or damaged? If you find leftover OEM, gonna be $$$$$
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Its actually just a small scuff on the right side where the front and side panels meet, previous owner most likely dropped it at a low speed, possibly parking lot. but i want to do a second set of plastics a different color without sacrificing the original blue ones

Comment

Understand. I dropped mine in the garage several years ago, didn't even make it all the way to the floor, went against some shelves
        took out several fishing rods and cracked the left side upper plastic and the screen. I don't remember the cost at the time (been about 10-12 years)
        Again, welcome aboard, it's the site for the ole Zed, and others too.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Whereabouts in the eastern USA you located?

Yeah, OEM plastics that don't already need work are hard to come by.

Post up a few pics of you/bike when you get a chance

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Welkome to the site. Greetings from Amsterdam.
            Youth is not a time of life... It's a state of mind

Comment

Welcome!

About the only place I see fairing parts is eBay... Lots of tails, not many side panels. I wonder why?
              https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&_odkw=zzr1200

These guys are probably (I'm guessing) Chinese imports..
              http://www.motorcycle-fairing.com/pr...001-2002-2005/
              “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Welcome to the site. Thanks for joining us. Stick around, there’s some great numbers here in a wealth of knowledge to be shared.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Hey thanks everyone!
                  Big O, im in NY, no where near the city though lol, I'll post some pics up tonight, gotta convert to jpeg from my phone files.
                  Ramblin, yeah I've been scouring through eBay and similar sites, mostly tail and side of seats as well ????
                  I'll definitely be sticking around, my Zed is my first bike ive owned and i love it more every time i ride it! Definitely gonna be asking around for maintenance questions lol

Comment

Comment

Very nice!!!

Love the Candy Thunder Blue paint.as well as the gold wheels.

Didn't know if you knew the name of the color?

Also, that must be a Canadian bike unless someone swapped out the plastics and wheels (which i highly doubt.

Just getting you started on your quest for ZZR knowledge young grasshopper

You say you are from New York.

Way up north near Canada?

BTW

Here is an entire bike you could use for parts. Shipping might be a tad much though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sale-agre...wAAOSw51ldb8l~

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Lake Ontario..... Brrrrrrrr.

Beautiful color... Likely from Canada.

Thanks for the pics. New guys posting some good pics this week.
                        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Welcome aboard, Deadhead, and congratulations on the bike!

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                          ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                          X