X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyTrain
    replied
    Welcome aboard, SwissJon

Always loved the ZX-11/ZZR1100. I'd guess battery as well.

Leave a comment:

• SwissJon
    replied
    Olaf Bingo! Thank you. Dead as a door nail.

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Us Swissies speak English m, French, German, Italian, Spanish Portuguese. Whatever it takes to keep my bikes on the road. ;)

Leave a comment:

• JeffS
    replied
    Welcome aboard, good news....lots of ZX11 experiance and tech posts here.

Leave a comment:

• ramblin66
    replied
    Didn't realize the Swiss speak Spanish!

Bienvenidos Aqui!

Leave a comment:

• NotDeadYet
    replied
    Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can get your problem sorted.

Leave a comment:

• BIG O
    replied
    Hola Jon

Welcome to the site!

Leave a comment:

• NATURALBORNKILLAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Olaf
    replied
    Battery

Leave a comment:

• SwissJon
    started a topic Hola

Hola

I'm a biker of 10 years, but just got hold of a ZZR1100 1995 for a real song because I crashed my Yamaha (Serves me right buying Yamaha did you say? ;) ) and I'm wanting to ride the season out instead of arguing with insurance companies.

Anyways, this old lady has seen better days, she needs an engine rebuild, if I was brave enough. Certainly I'm going to have to clean her carbs, swap the plugs and air filter, and change the front brake pads and the brake oil. But she's a runner.

Or was... Until this morning when I got her out of the garage. Pressed the starter button, and she got going. But then I had to switch her off because I forgot something indoors. When I came back out, the bike was completely dead. The clock had reset and everything.. Like I've unplugged the battery. Nada.. No lights, no nothing. I tested the battery which was giving just over 9v, so I've put a slow charger over the battery terminals, and a little while later decided maybe to try again. (THe charger was reading 12.7v) Turning the key, there's a dim light for the oil and neutral, and headlight, but the charger acts like I've shorted it out and the clock resets again.

I'm a little lost as to what to do next to troubleshoot. I don't hear any clicking, so I don't think it's a bad relay. Perhaps the solenoid, but that seems ok (Although there's not enough juice to test it.)

What else might it be?

Thanks a lot

SJ
Working...
X