Hola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola

I'm a biker of 10 years, but just got hold of a ZZR1100 1995 for a real song because I crashed my Yamaha (Serves me right buying Yamaha did you say? ;) ) and I'm wanting to ride the season out instead of arguing with insurance companies.

Anyways, this old lady has seen better days, she needs an engine rebuild, if I was brave enough. Certainly I'm going to have to clean her carbs, swap the plugs and air filter, and change the front brake pads and the brake oil. But she's a runner.

Or was... Until this morning when I got her out of the garage. Pressed the starter button, and she got going. But then I had to switch her off because I forgot something indoors. When I came back out, the bike was completely dead. The clock had reset and everything.. Like I've unplugged the battery. Nada.. No lights, no nothing. I tested the battery which was giving just over 9v, so I've put a slow charger over the battery terminals, and a little while later decided maybe to try again. (THe charger was reading 12.7v) Turning the key, there's a dim light for the oil and neutral, and headlight, but the charger acts like I've shorted it out and the clock resets again.

I'm a little lost as to what to do next to troubleshoot. I don't hear any clicking, so I don't think it's a bad relay. Perhaps the solenoid, but that seems ok (Although there's not enough juice to test it.)

What else might it be?

Thanks a lot

SJ
    If you don't like my answer, ask someone else. If you ask me the same question again, I'll give you the same answer.

Battery

Comment

Comment

Hola Jon

Welcome to the site!
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can get your problem sorted.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Didn't realize the Swiss speak Spanish!

Bienvenidos Aqui!
            ā€œLive a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.ā€...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Welcome aboard, good news....lots of ZX11 experiance and tech posts here.

Comment

Olaf Bingo! Thank you. Dead as a door nail.

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Us Swissies speak English m, French, German, Italian, Spanish Portuguese. Whatever it takes to keep my bikes on the road. ;)
                If you don't like my answer, ask someone else. If you ask me the same question again, I'll give you the same answer.

Comment

Welcome aboard, SwissJon

Always loved the ZX-11/ZZR1100. I'd guess battery as well.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                  ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
                  X