Hello from Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Georgia

First of all. Thanks for your suggestions and advice for my “what to love and hate” post.

Yesterday, new to me 2004 ZZR1200 came home with me after 500 miles ride from Daytona Beach FL to NW Atlanta.
    $1500 cash. I think I did very well. You can not get decent shape 10 years old ninja 250 for less than $2000. Lol

Thanks for your help saying ahead. Because I know I will be asking questions. Lol.

Congratulations!
    "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Congrats. Let the fun begin. Lots of info to be found around here still, on the Ole Zed.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Congrats on your deal and new to you ZZR1200! It must have been in good shape to survive the 500 mile trip test ride. Post up some pics when you can.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Thanks guys. Trying to post but file is too big. I will try tomorrow at work with lower resolution.

Looks pretty good for the age. Garaged and service record exist since 1900miles /2007.
          Purchased with 83000miles which is very high that is why I was able to negotiate price so low.

It runs better than my ZRX1200R sold last year.

Comment

Congrats. I saw the advert on Craigslist. Older gentleman owned it and took wonderful care of it. You should be good to go for many more miles.

Comment

Yes. I was talking since he was asking $2100.
              He start lower the price and say before I come down to Daytona beach I saw he post as $1600.

He was good 68yo man. But he dropped bike few times so right hand side had some minor damage but nothing major. This is my first time agree without test ride because so cheap. but it exceeded my expectation during 500 miles ride home.

Seat is the only thing I would like to improve at this time. (Wats me to sit forward)

Comment

Congratulations!

High miles for sure but there are several site members with bikes over the 100,000 mile mark.

Definitely post up some pics when you can.

Welcome to the ZED family

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Congrats on the bike !!

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

zzr01 04.27.2019.jpgzzr02 04.27.2019.jpg

Finally!! I was having little trouble posting pic here.
                    These are at Daytona Beach Tanger outlet Mall around 8:45am just got bike from seller before heading back to ATL.

Left image - you can see some scratches and broken blinker from PO dropped at stop.
                    Right image - pretty good. sun is behind also.

Sometimes, AD looks good and in person not so great, but this one was better than I expected at 83,000 miles and $1500. LOL
                    This one looks better than my 2001 ZRX which I thought better than most of ZRX I ride with,

Last edited by Mcdoggy2000; 04-29-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Maybe you guys do not care, but same 1200cc ZRX. one of my favorite bike I owned in past. ZZR1200 feels better on freeway and country side highway without tight turns. but I can tell I appreciate package of ZZR1200 which good all rounder. better on interstate than ZRX because fairings, in town low speed handles well even bigger 40mm carbs.
                      Suspect down side is longer wheelbase works against on tight turns.

zrx01.jpgzrx02.jpg
                      Last edited by Mcdoggy2000; 04-29-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Welcome! What part of NW Atlanta are you in? I'm over in Smyrna.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                          Welcome! What part of NW Atlanta are you in? I'm over in Smyrna.
                          I am in Dallas/ Acworth area.
                          We have been here since Aug 2012.

Fort mountain. Dahlonega area are where we used ride. (List few good riding friends by moving away and injury. In last few years)

Comment

Congratulations, McDoggy

Dahlonega and Suches are no strangers to ZZRs ...

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Crazy Train. Do you live South east somewhere? Nice pic from 2004. They were closed for a while but back in business now I think reopened in 2014 or 15 I think. Rider’s hill is permanently closed now.

Comment

Working...
                              X