2003 ZZR12 Sydney Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 ZZR12 Sydney Australia

Hi ..... joined a while ago but have lurking here while enjoying the 1200 over the last couple of months. Since getting the bike I have now fitted Staintune pipes, handlebar risers and 25mm lower pegs. The bike is awesome and have I just returned from a 3700 klm+ return ride to Mt Gambier in South Australia from Sydney NSW. My only challenges on the ride were staying within the speed limits and enduring the woeful seat after about 250 klm ............ my other bikes are a 2018 Z900RS Cafe and a 1992 Triumph Daytona 1000. My avatar is a pic of me on my very first bike in 1972, a Yamaha CS3 200.

Welcome to the site.

Nice collection of bikes you have there.

I really like the Candy Thunder Blue ZED. Unfortunately, we couldn't get them in the States.

My local dealer has the same color scheme Z900 RS on his showroom floor. Really a great looking retro bike. I don't recall the one he has having the belly pan though?

Was that an option or aftermarket piece?

That Daytona looks pristeen!

Mike
    Last edited by BIG O; 11-03-2018, 05:26 PM.
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Oh, OK.

I see there is the "RS" version as well as the "Cafe" version available.

I presume the "Cafe" version gives you the bikini windscreen and green and black livery whereas the "RS" have different colors sans windscreen?

Wish I had room in my garage for one. I REALLY like that bike!
      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
        Oh, OK.

I see there is the "RS" version as well as the "Cafe" version available.

I presume the "Cafe" version gives you the bikini windscreen and green and black livery whereas the "RS" have different colors sans windscreen?

Wish I had room in my garage for one. I REALLY like that bike!
        Thanks.Yes that's right, however the belly pan on my Cafe is an aftermarket extra. The brown seat cover is also aftermarket, the stock seat cover is black. The Triumph Daytona 1000 is not quite pristine but it is very nice and a great ride also .... have been trying to keep it in good shape

Comment

Thumbs up for the green Kawi! Beauty.

Welcome Gary!
          “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
          X