Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Hi there..

I live way, way up north in sweden and I just added a nice 1997 zzr to my kawasaki collection and man what a bike..

I freelanced for some domestic bike magazine a few years ago and got to ride the mighty zzr 1400 among other bikes and that one stuck with me.
    Chance had it I bought this 1100 for chump change and although it is not a 1400, it still packs a punch and to be honest I prefer the look of these '90's beasts over the testarossa looking 1400's.
    Just picked it up to have something to ride until my GPz get new paint, also I do have a meanstreak 1500, but this may very well be my goto bike since I live way up north with the E4 stretched out in both directions (north-south), no cameras and a lot of space between the logging trucks. Work is about 55 minutes away, with this one probably about 15 minutes less, which means 30 minutes more free time everyday:) Anyway, it is always nice to find a forum full of inspiration and knowledge.
    This is strictly original except for the gun metal dipping and I only plan to get a set of 1" bar raisers and just roll. for now.

Wow! What a find!

Welcome to the forum
    "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

thanks!

Comment

WELCOME!

I've only been to Sweden once... In the winter! brrrr..
        Actually, wasn't too bad in Malmo and Karlskrona, along the Baltic.

I like the paint job on that bike... thanks for the photo..
        “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Worlds fastest bike for 10 years. Loved my 97. Welcome!
          KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the site!
            I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Another warm welcome from across the pond. Over here those bikes were badged as ZX11's. Ruled the roost as Jimmy said.

Comment

Hi y'all wow lots of activity up in here.

This is the pic that inspired me to make a swedish air force version (yes there acutally is such a thing) of my former burgundy 11.

Comment

Like!

Comment

Originally posted by NonmadNomad View Post
                    Like!
                    We have a button for that now....
                    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by ramblin66 View Post

We have a button for that now....
                      "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Beautiful bike - congratulations and welcome aboard

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                        ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Welcone to our asylum. Lots of prior 11 owners who moced to the 12 and now the 1400 or GTR14

Comment

thanks, testrode a 1400 a week for a magazine around 08 or so, impressive bikes but a bit costly insurancewise

Comment

Working...
                            X