Bryan Carter RIP - ZG1000 Rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter RIP - ZG1000 Rider

I lost my good friend Bryan "Lenny" Carter 2.5 weeks ago. Bryan was not really active on the zzrbikes board. He was set to join us for 2west 2013 in John Day but family issues kept him home, he proudly wore the shirt I brought home for him.

Bryan had a 2002 ZG1000 (first gen Concourse) he and I did a lot of rides mostly day rides but in the summer of 2011 he and I rode out to Flagstaff doing a great loop coming back on Hwy 50. About 2800 miles in 5 days. Its one of my favorite rides of all time...... we had a blast.

Bryan was a true motorcycle touring fan; would talk your ear off about gear and what he was planning to buy and provide you all the reasons for his decision. Often giving me a hard time with my no saddle bag zed.... "where are you going to put your shit?" He would often say...

I will recall when I finally convinced him on that long ride to take the zed for a few miles on Hwy 50.. Over our Sena intercoms he said "holy $$$X, I am not giving this back... I am in 3rd gear doing a buck 35!!"

Bryan was 42, passed away with little warning from a heart attack on August 26th. He leaves behind his wife Marie and 2 Daughters Claire and Cammi 11 and 9. He was a true family guy. Had just purchased a travel trailer this spring and loved it. I joined him on his first weekend trip in the camper.

He was a character and like no one else I have known. One of those guys that was a true car motorcycle guy, love to talk shop, loved beer/wine, guns, bikes and pick up trucks. More importantly he could make me laugh....

I knew he would be a great fit for this crew of misfits on the zed board. I hoped have him join us all but reason I decided to post it here... if your putting something off... dont. Every day is a gift.

The video link below is of course on a "private road" Bryan loved to stop on this section of the road(in the middle of nowhere) and we did this routine a handful of times. He thought it was the best thing in motorcycling. The picture on the Zed is when he had the adrenaline after 100 miles on hwy 50. The other one is at our stay at Hearte Prarie Nature Conservancy near Flagstaff Arizona. Part of our long trip.

http://vid645.photobucket.com/albums...n/GOPR0201.mp4

Here is a memorial fund site... https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...f-bryan-carter

His memorial service is set for Saturday, Sept. 19
    1-5 p.m.
    Domenico Winery
    1697 Industrial Street
    San Carlos CA

RIP Bryan "Lenny" Carter

I plan to set up a memorial ride for him sometime this fall here in Northern California.
    Attached Files

Re: Bryan Carter RIP - ZG1000 Rider

I'm very sorry to hear you lost a dear friend. My condolences to his family, to you and to all who knew him.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
      I'm very sorry to hear you lost a dear friend. My condolences to his family, to you and to all who knew him.
      Well said. +1 from me.
      “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Way to young.
        KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
          Way to young.
          For sure - and he left behind his wife and two young daughters. Sad - they will miss their father!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Such a nice tribute to your good friend James...I'm sorry for your loss and for those who knew and loved him...loved the vid and pics, seems like good times.
            Last edited by spedxprt; 09-14-2015, 06:19 PM.
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Poor go where young people are full of energy.
              The earth you rest in peace brother.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers & condolences to his family & friends.
                "If you didn't see me, I didn't do it! And even if you got pictures, I will swear they were PhotoShopped!"

I meant to behave but there were too many other options

Comment

Super sad J....there is not enough good guys left in this world. Prayers for his family, let us know about the ride

Comment

So sorry for your loss. You are correct re: living everyday like it is your last.
                    Lost my brother in law last Friday in a motorcycle crash in the mountains.
                    He had such big plans.
                    Again, terribly sorry for your loss and equally sad that one of the good guys left us way too early.
                    sigpic

Comment

As the others have said... so sorry to hear of the new hole in your life. Heavy memory for me, I lots my youngest brother at 41 to a sudden heart attack, he to left two young daughters. No rational way to deal with this, just prayer and hope.

G
                      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I feel poorer never having known him based on your description, Jmenon. Rest in Peace.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                        ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

difficult to hear of such a loss of a good friend
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for your support and kind words. I will keep you all posted on a memorial ride I hope to get planned for the fall. Bryan worked for Oracle and we did have a few rides with some of his colleagues. I will ask around a little at the service tomorrow.

James

Comment

Working...
                            X