X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackjunkie Illinois Memorial

Hello ZZR Family,

John's family is trying to put together a memorial service/BBQ for John up here in Illinois - where he grew up.

We are so impressed with the family John had in the ZZR group - you folks are certianly a "class act", I was blessed to get to know some of you in person in Georgia and read about others of you in here. John was truely blessed by having you all as family.

We would be proud to have any or all of you here for this memorial - however the only weekend open is memorial day weekend. May 24th. We would be having the memorial at a local campground, so if you wanted to come and camp for the weekend - you would be more than welcome. Otherwise if more can come - we will have it the weekend of the 17th. Please let me know how many would be able to or would like to attend and which weekend would be better.

Thanks guys!

Cindy

I would be happy to attend either weekend. I will be in Springfield Memorial weekend for the races. Watseka appears to be less than 100 miles from there-a veritable hop, skip and jump. Post up the date that comes available and I'll be there.

Comment

It will be on my schedule once it is decided

Comment

We are free the 24th but not the 17th. I got Watseka from Danno's post. Is that the correct location? If so it's a straight 160 mile shot from Galesburg.

Comment

Watseka is about 25 miles from where I was raised.
          Formerly 06_ZZR_600.  It's alright if I die on the bike. It's given me more life than it can ever take away. Trust in yourself. Never give up the initiative.

Comment

It's only 700 miles for me. I can't do the 17th though.

Comment

I think I can do either weekend.

Be nice to see you guys again.

Mike
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I made this a Sticky

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Date Set

WOW - I appreciate all the postive response and look forward to seeing each and everyone of you.

The memorial will be Saturday May 24th. Time will be late afternoon - will advise exact time later.

John was born in Watseka - spent most of his childhood in Gilman and graduated HS at Herscher HS.

The memorial will be held at the Kankakee Sportsman Club, 4751 W 7000 N Rd, Bourbonnais, IL.

This is just off Rt 102 - north of the Kankakee State Park. There is a fully equiped pavillion there we can use along with an open visitor area for overnight camping for any that want to stay. With more camping room avaliable at the State Park just a few minutes away.

We will have the memorial service - followed by a BBQ and John's nieces' band will play for us for 2-3 hours. Bonfire will be provided. This will be a celebration of Johns life. Any pics or special stories that anyone has will be much appreciated. It will be refreshing to hear all the stories about John's life.

Please respond on this site if you plan to attend so we can be sure we have enough food and drink.

Thank you - God Bless

Cindy

Comment

Re: Date Set

Originally posted by cek56
                    WOW - I appreciate all the postive response and look forward to seeing each and everyone of you.

The memorial will be Saturday May 24th. Time will be late afternoon - will advise exact time later.

John was born in Watseka - spent most of his childhood in Gilman and graduated HS at Herscher HS.

The memorial will be held at the Kankakee Sportsman Club, 4751 W 7000 N Rd, Bourbonnais, IL.

This is just off Rt 102 - north of the Kankakee State Park. There is a fully equiped pavillion there we can use along with an open visitor area for overnight camping for any that want to stay. With more camping room avaliable at the State Park just a few minutes away.

We will have the memorial service - followed by a BBQ and John's nieces' band will play for us for 2-3 hours. Bonfire will be provided. This will be a celebration of Johns life. Any pics or special stories that anyone has will be much appreciated. It will be refreshing to hear all the stories about John's life.

Please respond on this site if you plan to attend so we can be sure we have enough food and drink.

Thank you - God Bless

Cindy
                    Wow, I lived in Gilman for awhile. And Bradley/Bourbonais is where I grew up. I would love to come to this, even though I only knew John through reading his posts. Will be giving this some serious thought.
                    Formerly 06_ZZR_600.  It's alright if I die on the bike. It's given me more life than it can ever take away. Trust in yourself. Never give up the initiative.

Comment

It is a long weekend and we would be happy to have you.

Comment

C'mon, Randy! You probably won't even have to use your raingear!

Comment

Not too far for me..... I will put it on the calender. Thanks for the invite.

Ducky
                          "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go thru life son" Dean Vernon Wormer,Faber College

Comment

John and I talked about Ford & Iriquois counties. I did some work in the area when I was younger. I'm from Tazewell county and worked most of my adult life in and out of Bloomington.
                            We had some good talks about our days in Illinois.
                            I wish I could make it back for the Memorial, but I'll be thinking about John and his family on Memorial weekend.
                            Take care,
                            John, AKA Pinkie
                            "16, I found my dream machine-turned the key and every light turned green-like Steve McQueen I made that motor scream and it was LOUD!"

Comment

Hello all,

As we go forth setting this memorial up - we are pondering what would be the best time.

Would having the memorial at 4pm allow for more travel time or would you be able to be here by 2pm?

We will have a time of memorial, followed by a dinner/lunch, with a bonfire and live music (Johnny's nieces' band). There is space for tent camping - free of charge,and space for campers for a small fee. If we know your wishes - we can reserve spaces for you. There will also be a Sunday morning pancake and sausage breakfast served on the campgrounds the next morning for a mere $4. If anyone desires there are also many good hotels in the Kankakee area.

We will have on display many family photos of Johnny as he grew up - will be great to see them all. I will also have a note book for you all to write any special memories or thoughts you may have for Riley when she reaches adulthood, we will give it to her then. If you cannot make the memorial but have stories you would like to include - you can pm them to me and I will print them and include them in the book.

Please respond so we can have a good turn out. We want to be able to visit with as many of you as possible, you were a very important part of Johnny's life and we cherish the memories you all can share with us.

Much thanks!

Cindy

Comment

Working...
                              X