No announcement yet.

What did you do to your bike today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did you do to your bike today?

Originally posted by gpz900r View Post
    How do! Getting started on the new C14 and so far, here is where she is at.

Flashed ECU by Shoodabeen. Went with EVO Flash which is incredible.

Area P Carbon Fiber Slip-on. Sweet sounds....

Wired and mounted Garmin GPS.

-Greg
    gpz900r

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15188[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15189[/ATTACH]

Oh, and riding as much as possible!
    Is that a 2011?...nice lift, I need one of those....

Comment

Looks very sweet, Greg!
      KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

20170720_174341.jpg

I scuffed the new tires, bedded the new brake pads and warmed up the final drive oil for a change.....while grabbing g some Pacific Coast twisties.....Heceta light house behind me...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          Originally posted by Moise View Post
          I'm good, just a sore thumb. Decent gear really helps.

The bike isn't bad - the crash protectors saved a lot of damage, but it slid into some gravel on the side of the road and a few bits are badly scratched.

Could have been much worse, but would never have happened if the road had been maintained properly.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk
          Unfortunately, "properly maintained" is subjective.

Post up a pic of the damage when you get a chance.
          Thanks to the demise of Photobucket, I'm now using PostImage. Good so far. Click on the image to see it full size.

I also bent the RH bar. Big decision at the moment is whether to claim or not. I've had 2 no-fault claims in the last 3 years, but this one won't look good because there isn't another party, unless they go after the local council. I've been to the shop that did the repairs last time and his estimate is about $2,000!!!

I should be able to do it myself for much less, although the results may not be as good - I won't be buying another Mivv titanium exhaust! But I can buy a perfectly serviceable engine cover from eBay for maybe $15, and I know an excellent painter who could paint the scratched bodywork.

I need to find out what the total cost of the claim will be next. The deductible is $500, but no doubt the future premiums will also rise.

Just a real PITA. Big thumbs up for R&G crash protectors though. Fortunatly the bottom fairing was off as I'd just serviced the bike and had left it off to access the idle adjuster.

Last edited by Moise; 07-20-2017, 11:43 PM.
          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

So the photos don't look so good in Tapatalk.

I'm starting to get really annoyed ...

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

They look good from my laptop.
              Just ride it. So that has the crossplane crank? Does it sound frikin' awesome?
              KN, this ride's for You.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2ecwj35m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post

They look good from my laptop.
                Just ride it. So that has the crossplane crank? Does it sound frikin' awesome?
                Yes, that's the plan. I'm going to refit the original clip-ons at the weekend while I figure out the repairs.

No, it's a '99 so doesn't have the crossplane. It does have carbs though, and has great throttle response. Being about 70 kg lighter then the Zed definitely helps as well.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Looks like light scratching on everything.

No breaks/cracks?

You can probably buff/sand out most of the scratches on the can and then give it some polishing to get it looking fairly good again.

Paint is paint
                  I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    Looks like light scratching on everything.

No breaks/cracks?

You can probably buff/sand out most of the scratches on the can and then give it some polishing to get it looking fairly good again.

Paint is paint
                    Yes, the scratches on the paint aren't deep, so a repaint and new decals will fix it. Nothing broken.

The exhaust is worse than it looks in the photo. But the repair guy suggested taking off the end caps, then swapping them so that the scatched side faces the wheel. Could be a plan. [emoji3]

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

The deductible is $500, but no doubt the future premiums will also rise.
                      You have "Collision" coverage on a 90's R1?

Maybe insurance works different over there.

Drop collision save thousands of dollars and just repair/replace the bike with the savings.

I've never had collision and have literally saved 10's of thousands of dollars over the years.

Just got my renewal from Progressive for the 14r at $248.00 for the year and $0 deductible
                      Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Vehicle insurance is completely different in NZ. I pay $400 a year for both bikes, and might save $200 if I dropped collision cover.

Trust me, it's well worth it especially if someone else is at fault.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Vehicle insurance is completely different in NZ. I pay $400 a year for both bikes, and might save $200 if I dropped collision cover.

$400 including collision is a good deal. I guess Id include as well. Adding collision on the 14r around here is an additional $900~$1000 a
                          year on the low side and can go $1800+ on the high side. The insurance companies don't like SS bikes.

Most important is glad you're all right, even a slow low side can end up bad.

Maybe turn those cans into "brushed" aluminum or sand and paint?

With enough compound and buffing one can usually get the majority of the scratches out.
                          Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post

$400 including collision is a good deal. I guess Id include as well. Adding collision on the 14r around here is an additional $900~$1000 a
                            year on the low side and can go $1800+ on the high side. The insurance companies don't like SS bikes.

With enough compound and buffing one can usually get the majority of the scratches out.
                            It's titanium! No paint, but I'll look at refinishing options.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post

Uhhh... I got full coverage on my 14R for $550 per year. But I am frigging old and have somehow avoided getting a ticket for the past five years or so...

When I picked up my wheels with new tires installed the guy said, "Looks like you been doing track days..." He must be new.

G
                              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                                Uhhh... I got full coverage on my 14R for $550 per year. But I am frigging old and have somehow avoided getting a ticket for the past five years or so...
                                What insurance company?

I'm old, no tickets, accidents, good credit, etc. I routinely check insurance coverage's for all our bikes, cars, homes, biz, umbrella
                                and more. I price things out annually and I've never seen anything for the 14 that includes "Collision" for under $1200 a year.

Post the name of the insurance company I would like to give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                                X