What did you do to your bike today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do to your bike today?

I saw a similar thread on the ZRX site and on the PantherBB site (Crown Vics, GMQs, & Town Cars).

Maintenance or farkles, what did you do to your bike today?

Yesterday I pulled the windscreen off and gave it and the bike a thorough wipe-down, then cleaned and adjusted my chain.

I used DWC's shade-tree method to be sure the rear wheel aligned with the front -

I bought two 8' fluorescent bulbs, bungee'd them on each side of the rear tire so that they extended past the front wheel and rested on a 4X4, then measured the gap on each side of the front to be sure it was the same on each side.

Today I've done nothing to it, except think about riding it.
    Last edited by amlehnus; 06-14-2017, 07:12 PM.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Re: What did you do you your bike today?

Nothing today.

Cleaned Amanda's and my bike on Saturday to get ready for the Rally.

Gonna reroute my SAE cable for my GPS unit and add 1/4 quart of oil and be done with it.

Ready to head out Saturday!!!!
    I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
      Nothing today.

Gonna reroute my SAE cable for my GPS unit and add 1/4 quart of oil and be done with it.

Early bird!

~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
        Nothing today.

Early bird!
        We'll be in Arkansas on Thursday.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I finally got both bikes out of storage. Anyone want to buy a cafe racer?

Comment

Recently installed new Sargent seat- took it for 130 mile ride on Sunday. So far so good. Bought new tail-pack, have yet to install and test-use it.

G
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

:)
              Attached Files

~Eumenes of Cardia

Comment

R&R coolant for water wetter on both bikes...installed a right side case slider on the GSXR-750 for the track.

The fairings on the 2012 ZX-14R are a bit more involved than my 2006...the GSXR faring so are a pain in the ass...I have already busted two small guide clips

Tires are on order for the ZX-14R; found a great deal on Pirelli Angel ST's with a rebate at http://Rockymountainatvmc.com
                My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

New fork seals. New air filter. New trans oil (80wt). Adjust air/fuel mixture and idle. Repack muffler. New exhaust gasket.

40 miles of gnarly deep sand trails today. 5 falls, no pain. Awesome day.

Comment

CBR got a new back tire this week. Q3 of course.

Connie will get some attention in the next couple of weeks. She has some miles to do next month.

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                      found a great deal on Pirelli Angel ST's with a rebate at http://Rockymountainatvmc.com
                      Do you happen to have the specific link to the tire deal?

The link you posted takes you to the site in general.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                        Recently installed new Sargent seat- took it for 130 mile ride on Sunday. So far so good. Bought new tail-pack, have yet to install and test-use it.

G
                        Was that on the 14?

I really like the Sargent saddles. Had I kept my 14 I would have put one on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
                          New fork seals. New air filter. New trans oil (80wt). Adjust air/fuel mixture and idle. Repack muffler. New exhaust gasket.

If you'd stop taking the Connie off road you wouldn't have to do all that maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post

If you'd stop taking the Connie off road you wouldn't have to do all that maintenance
                            With the new knobbies on her she really likes that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                              found a great deal on Pirelli Angel ST's with a rebate at http://Rockymountainatvmc.com
                              Do you happen to have the specific link to the tire deal?

The link you posted takes you to the site in general.

Thanks.
                              The tire deal info is on that page up top...click on "expand" to see all the info.
                              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Working...
                              X