Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change your own tires cheap and easy.

Just put on a new back tire.

Was going to take a few "how to" pics but got lazy.

I'll definitely do it when I change the front in a few days.

Here are a couple tips though.

1. Leave the tire(s) sitting in the sun for a bit. makes them much more flexible.

2. Use plenty of lubrication

I use this:

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

... I pay to have mine done ... they even do house calls ......

. KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post

Sweet!!!

In in more ways than one!

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Liar. Peace

Comment

and notice she is using good technique using both her knees on the opposite side
            of the tire to keep the tires bead in the center of the rim. Just wondering how
            shes not screwing up the rotor facing the ground. I see the white ring thing is
            rubber coated so that would work nicely.

Oh and she is easy on the eyes too.
            Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post

and notice she is using good technique using both her knees on the opposite side
              of the tire to keep the tires bead in the center of the rim. Just wondering how
              shes not screwing up the rotor facing the ground. I see the white ring thing is
              rubber coated so that would work nicely.

Oh and she is easy on the eyes too.
              I'm hoping she took the rotor off that WOULD be facing the ground

Don't ask me how I know
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Well not quite as pretty as Ddubs but Arthur did my front once at 2West....along with about 8 helpers and a combined 50-60 beers between us. It took about 3 hours as we had way too much fun....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                  Well not quite as pretty as Ddubs but Arthur did my front once at 2West....along with about 8 helpers and a combined 50-60 beers between us. It took about 3 hours as we had way too much fun....
                  You guys probably put it on backwards, upside down and inside out

Comment

...... I heard that when they were through messing around it wound up looking like this ... So for the most part you got it right -O- ........

. KWN ... "This rides for you" .

Proud member of "The New Republic of Texas vigilante's committee"

Comment

Go to end of this thread. Video shows you how to use tire irons. Once you have the technique down its easy .

I have harbor freight bead breaker. On front wheel I advise to remove the speedo input ring on a zed. I.use dyna beads to balance. It's more of a convenience thing than $ savings. I can do both tire in time it takes to go to tire shop. Also as others have said many shops won't mount tires you don't buy from them. So mounting yourself allows you to shop online for best price. Often $30-50 less than even best shop prices. I even have mounted my truck tires... use a bubble balancer http://zzrbikes.com/threads/63974-Tire-Changing-101

Comment

Working...
                      X