ZZR1200 or ZRX 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurenoe
    Today I saw a BRAND new ZRX1200..it was new old stock..but it's here in the UK. I also saw a CB1300F today and I just about had an orgasm. Note to self - stay out of UK motorcycle showrooms!!
    Mmmmm - I'd love to get my hands on a GSX1400 ...

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
    ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Today I saw a BRAND new ZRX1200..it was new old stock..but it's here in the UK. I also saw a CB1300F today and I just about had an orgasm. Note to self - stay out of UK motorcycle showrooms!!

They get such better diversity in their bikes overseas. I wish we got some of them and big bore standards like the CB1300, Yamaha's MT01 & XJ1300, not to mention Suzuki's stuff too.

Glad you're enjoying yourself & "sightseeing" Lauren.
      Lee

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain
        Mmmmm - I'd love to get my hands on a GSX1400 ...

Yeah, I saw one of those too..they are AWESOME in real life!!

http://www.cyclepathic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by spectorman

They get such better diversity in their bikes overseas. I wish we got some of them and big bore standards like the CB1300, Yamaha's MT01 & XJ1300, not to mention Suzuki's stuff too.

Glad you're enjoying yourself & "sightseeing" Lauren.
          Lee
          Well..you can thank the Harley crowd for "representing" Americans.
          As I was talking to the guy who owned the shop - who also happened to be the Padgetts of Isle of Man fame, he was laughing - in a sarcastic way - that all Americans ride Harleys don't they? He then showed me the three that were sitting in his showroom. They ALL had less than 1500 miles on them as the owners bought them and brought them back, realizing that Harleys were sub-standard products. Basically, Americans - like American cars - are fed a line of patriotism about our products and are laughed at by the rest of the world. I mean, I am in the rest of the world right now..I'm not making this up. Hardly anyone rides "cruisers" over here. Because of the Harley types, the international folks think Americans don't want great bikes that don't appeal to the Harley/Crusier crowd. It makes me sick to see the bikes we don't get in real life. It's a total downer when the world thinks all we want are Harley/Cruisers.
          http://www.cyclepathic.com/

Comment

I agree with ya lauren, but can't blame the Harley folks. The Japanese sell to a world market that Harley could only dream about.

Harley exists only because the Japanese let them exist.

Comment

It's a total downer when the world thinks all we want are Harley/Cruisers.
              If you go by the market share for cruisers in the US, the world is right. I don't like it, but that's how it is.
              - 2WP
              77 KZ650C,
              02 ZZR1200 in the faster and not so better handling Galaxy Silver (deceased)

Comment

Originally posted by 2WheelPilot View Post
                Lee is definitely the expert, but I've done a bit of research on ZRX's myself. I was actually looking for a ZRX when I came across my ZZR.

What kind of riding are you planning to do? Do you prefer wind protection, or "riding naked"? Do you want to feel like you're going 80 when you're going 80 (ZRX), or feel like you're going 50 (ZZR)?

The ZZR is longer and lower. The reach to the bars (clip-ons) is longer and lower on the ZZR, making its riding position a bit more aggressive. The ZZR is faster above 60mph, and off the line. The ZRX will not launch from a standing start as well as a ZZR since it has a higher CG. The ZRX has more acceleration available below 60 mph, but I'm not sure it can use it since it wheelies easier. The ZZR makes a much better drag bike in stock trim. The ZRX is a hooligan bike. The ZZR is a two wheeled equivalent of a BMW 5 series. Both are quite durable, but ZRX's tend to get beat on moreso than ZZR's. If you prefer stock, you'll have a harder time finding an unmolested stock ZRX than a ZZR. I know that ZRX1100's are quite susceptible to engine damage if run for any amount of time on their side. Not sure about the ZZR. Handling: Low speed favors the ZRX. High speed favors the ZZR. The ZRX has minimal wind protection. The ZRX will be better for around town commuting. The ZZR will be better for highway use. Tight, twisty roads with lots of switchbacks would probably favor the ZRX. Sweeping turns are better on the ZZR. But keep in mind that the ZZR will still be much better in tight twisty stuff than any cruiser or Gold Wing. I find that my corner speed on the ZZR is not limited by the bike, but by visibility. It will corner just as fast as I'm willing to for road conditions. For two up, the ZZR is probably a little better, but I'm not sure on that one. I think the ZZR engine is a little smoother. The ZZR headlights are much better. The ZRX has much more underseat storage. All year of ZZR's are the same, except the front forks got more adjustability in 04.

That should do ya until the expert arrives.
                I know this post is ancient, however it is also inaccurate in terms of acceleration below 60 mph! I'm sure this is your opinion, but the ZZR1200 will accelerate the ZRX1200 anywhere in the rpm or mph range! 10.6 compression, 40mm carbs and bigger camshaft along with ram air that works before 60mph my friend. Don't ever bet on a ZRX1200 against a ZZR1200 they are not the same. Thank you

Comment

Bollocks (no insult intended). Mine were much of a muchness, and equally as quick at any range.
                  Both of mine had aftermarket airfilters (K&N), jetkits and full exhausts. ZRX: Akrapovic. ZZR: Black Widow.
                  I sold the ZRX though, and kept the ZZR. Getting older means a need for more comfort on long trips.
                  I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
                    ...Getting older means a need for more comfort on long trips.
                    You're only getting old when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night!!

(-8
                    Time flies like an arrow;
                    Fruit flies like a banana!

Comment

Right .... Speak for yourself, Brett ........
                      I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Working...
                      X