Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers needed for Tex's family (Blog link page 1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prayers needed for Tex's family (Blog link page 1)

Today marks 7 years since we got that call. I was supposed to be headed to the Anarchy Rally in Colorado with sacowan and Moto. Instead God gave me a new plan. While I still regret not making that ride, hanging with my friends and making new ones while seeing more of the country from the back of my Zed, I'm grateful for seven more years with my son. And seeing y'all, my Zedhead knucklehead family, rise up in support of me and mine, has been a true blessing I do not take likely. I truly love and appreciate this group!
    "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

Visit ConnorWatch on Facebook.

sigpic

Comment

Tell Connor I said hey and give him a hug. Great young man you have raised Tex. You and Charie should be very proud

Comment

7 years already! How time flies.

To have 7 more years with that fine young man is to be thankful for.

Love you guys
        CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

Bump for Connor. Say hi to the family for me Tex.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks bud! He's doing well. I'll pass it along!
            "Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman; He purposeth a crop." - Samuel Rutherford

sigpic

Comment

So. Eight years ago my son Connor was given a massive burden to carry when he was injured in a swimming accident. This anniversary is the hardest for us each year, but we always acknowledge it because it signifies another year of life gifted to us with our boy. We could easily have sent him on to glory on that day, and so we recognize the blessing we continue to have in him. We also continue to learn daily that this "accident" was actually completely under the control and in the hands of a loving, compassionate God who desires greatly that we become more and more like His son, Jesus Christ. As the scripture says -

“that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.”
              Isaiah 45:6-7

He creates calamity. Meaning that my boy's situation was wrought by His hand. It wasn't an accident; it was on purpose. A purpose that took me years to even begin to grasp - that this is a method we had to go through in order to make us more into Christ's image. Because God will do whatever it takes, even things we think are bad, to draw us to Him.

I remind myself often that this is according to His will, and His purpose, with this quote from Samuel Rutherford -

"Why should I tremble at the plough of my Lord, that maketh deep furrows on my soul? I know He is no idle husbandman, He purposeth a crop."

So as we remember and acknowledge this anniversary, we can rejoice together that it was not some whim of idle Fate that brought us here, nor a random chance or bad luck - we stand in this place by His loving hand, and so can with confidence look forward in faith and hope to His redemption - from this situation as well as from this world. We are truly blessed in many ways. Today we remember one in particular, that He loves us so much that not only did He give us His son, He also gave us ours. Praise Him.

Tex
              Connor's Dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Tex, you and your family have easily helped more people post accident than you will even know. Conner is an amazing young man and when you spend time with him you can only be amazed at his internal strength and fortitude. I feel blessed to have met him and your family. Give him a hello and a hug for me and the misses

Comment

Originally posted by JeffS View Post
                  Tex, you and your family have easily helped more people post accident than you will even know. Conner is an amazing young man and when you spend time with him you can only be amazed at his internal strength and fortitude. I feel blessed to have met him and your family. Give him a hello and a hug for me and the misses
                  Wilco. Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

Tex, you and your family, especially Connor, inspire and exemplify bravery. Peace be with you and yours, brother.
                    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Bump for Connor.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vacaed View Post
                        Bump for Connor.
                        Thanks for thinking of us, brother.

sigpic

Comment

Bump for big C....today marks the 9 year anniversary of his injury. If you have ever met him or mom and dad (Tex) you will understand why he is an amazing young man. His testimony and example are unbelievable. If you ever get to the Spokane area on a ride I highly recommend meeting him and family.

Comment

I'm sorry to never have met him, but his parents are A+++ ;)

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

• Prayers needed for Tex's family (Blog link page 1)

You guys are too kind, which is not something which I am accustomed to saying to this crowd! Thank y'all for thinking of us this day.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X