Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time for a better sett of horns ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • time for a better sett of horns ?

    stock factory horns suck. I used an air horn when I had
    my ZZR. Now Google "loud car horns". The choices are amazing, cheap and easy to install, and cheap ! Mine saved collisions many times. No one in a car will hear the weak squeak of a stock horn. Do your self a favor and address it. You will love it. NBK

  • #2
    I ran a Stebel Nautilus air horn for years. When it died I bought a auto parts store “loud horn” alternative that works great. I’m not a fan of the tinny “beeb beeb” horns the manufacturers put on either.


    "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

    Comment


    • #3
      on Amazon I forgot

      Comment


      • #4
        on Amazon......I forgot

        Comment


        • #5
          try www.inspiredhouseholds,com sounds like freight train !same size as stock !!

          Comment


          • #6
            I ordered me some new ones. The OEM ones are shit. I have really not given it any thought but I end up in traffic more these days.
            The ones I ordered are 300db and are small like the OEM. I hope they work. The OEM units, I've heard farts almost that loud.
            The tone was a bit different though.
            "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
            but sometimes it just needs a mod"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
              I ordered me some new ones. The OEM ones are shit. I have really not given it any thought but I end up in traffic more these days.
              The ones I ordered are 300db and are small like the OEM. I hope they work. The OEM units, I've heard farts almost that loud.
              The tone was a bit different though.
              Charlie, which ones did you order?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NATURALBORNKILLAR View Post
                try www.inspiredhouseholds,com sounds like freight train !same size as stock !!
                Link doesn't work...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Claude View Post

                  Charlie, which ones did you order?
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304431282364
                  I ordered these. Haven't gotten them yet. I hope
                  they're not shit. I didn't won't to drop too much.
                  I'll post up when I get them mounted up.
                  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                  but sometimes it just needs a mod"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post

                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/304431282364
                    I ordered these. Haven't gotten them yet. I hope
                    they're not shit. I didn't won't to drop too much.
                    I'll post up when I get them mounted up.
                    Do you know if there's a "low" and a "high" units or both are the same? Also wondering about the bulk. Waiting for you comments after you received them. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Claude View Post

                      Do you know if there's a "low" and a "high" units or both are the same? Also wondering about the bulk. Waiting for you comments after you received them. Thanks!
                      From the full description, it looks like there's a high and low.

                      They are quite big though - 3.75" diameter and the same depth.

                      Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

                      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

                      06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                      99 Yamaha R1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If they turn out to be too big, I'll just use one.
                        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                          If they turn out to be too big, I'll just use one.
                          You may only need one! They look decent.

                          Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

                          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

                          06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                          99 Yamaha R1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
                            If they turn out to be too big, I'll just use one.
                            Maybe but the combined sound of low + high units is usually much more impressive that only one by itself. Your experience will tell us. Following with interest, Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              good responses !!! I think it will get better & stronger. NBK

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X