Ready to ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to ride

ZX14 x 2 - waiting patiently in the morning light, ready to ride. The only things missing are 2 x H2-SX, you know who you are!

F31AB237-B18D-49D9-BEBC-DC58341E04C1.jpg

We got out Friday for a fun day riding the old 1A highway up to Canmore for lunch and back. Our plan was to head further into the mountains but the further we got the more the wind blew and rain showers threatened. We skirted a few thunderstorms on the way back but it was a great day to get out of the city and go for a rip.
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-29-2022, 12:51 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I. Need. To. Ride.

G
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I got in 3 rides this weekend.Skooter therapy is always good. As long as it at least 1164 cc's of ZZR fun.
        Power5's have around 450 miles on them now,(thats's 724.2048km for BillDownUnder) so they're staying put as always.
        They make me look good.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
        but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIE View Post
          I got in 3 rides this weekend.Skooter therapy is always good. As long as it at least 1164 cc's of ZZR fun.
          Power5's have around 450 miles on them now,(thats's 724.2048km for BillDownUnder) so they're staying put as always.
          They make me look good.
          I suggested the Power 5 to another R1 owner. It's taken some readjustment after running Power 3s but he's starting to enjoy them now.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Sounds great, Dave

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Got a nice ride in today, 298 miles (that's 480km, Charlie).
              A bit cold in the morning at 40F ( ie 6C), and didn't warm up too much during the day. Road 6 on front was excellent.
              Bike ticked over 159,000km during the ride.

I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDownUnder View Post
                Got a nice ride in today, 298 miles (that's 480km, Charlie).
                A bit cold in the morning at 40F ( ie 6C), and didn't warm up too much during the day. Road 6 on front was excellent.
                Bike ticked over 159,000km during the ride.
                That would be 98798.02 miles for us BDU........that's a bunch, no matter what measurement you use.
                Twice what I have. 40F? screw that, I just can't do it anymore. Old bones I guess. 85F today. That's
                more to my liking. That's 29.444C for BDU
                Last edited by CHARLIE; 06-05-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I woke up early yesterday and decided to head out for a short rip at 06:30 and go for coffee somewhere. When I opened my phone to check the temperature I saw a friend had sent me the tracking info for his morning hot air balloon flight. It showed he was about to land quite close to my house so I thought I would stop in as he landed. Once I was done with my visit with him I decided it was too cool to go for my ride so I came home for coffee. I left the bike in the driveway and figured I would go out an hour later, once it warmed up a bit.

Once the temps climbed a little I headed west about 45 minutes from home to a local stop at a village in the foothills about 45 minutes west of the city. There was no one around and it was deader than dead so I rerouted and headed over to the local regional airport where I learned to fly. I stopped at the flying club and had coffee there and watched the planes do their thing. It was a busy Saturday morning out there. I’m as infatuated with airplanes and cars as I am with motorcycles.

I had a nice visit with the chief flying instructor while I was there and we traded some old flying stories. He was trying to convince me to get current on my fixed wing license. I would love to but unfortunately it’s just not in my budget right now.

I finished up with a 25 or 30 minute ride home from there and went for a hike in the afternoon with a pal. All in all it was a great day. I wanted to get it all done yesterday because I knew the rain was coming today and it is supposed to last until Tuesday.

I woke up this morning to a downpour, curled back up and went to sleep for another hour and now I’m chilling out having my morning coffee with the dog.

Temperatures were all over the place yesterday and total mileage is unknown but I do know I had a great day.

1AED100D-AC9A-446B-83C9-BD490A3C522F.jpg
                  Last edited by NotDeadYet; 06-06-2022, 09:25 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I actually have time this weekend (Sunday and Monday) but of course it rained the first half of the day and it’s supposed to start up again late tonight, go figure. Maybe next weekend.
                    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Today, Wednesday, it's our third day in a row with the thunderstorms. Those kind with hail and tons of lightning.
                      We do need the rain but a big no on the hail and lightning. Maybe the weekend will brighten up a bit, we hope.

Comment

I went for an 80 km / 50 mi ride around past the airport last night ( like NDY above) , desperately hoping Jennifer Connelly might be in the area, ( seems to work for Tom ) and needing a ride home, but the only thing I was able to pick up was a load of dead flies on my visor . Did see Top Gun last week, and for those with the love of Planes, Trains, Automobiles and of course Kawi's ... you will all enjoy the flick . I may need to take Sailing lessons if I am to track down Jenn .... spoiler alert, she looks amazing in the movie ... but great to hear some mileage being run !

Comment

Working...
                        X