Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjmcg View Post
    apparently not, only 3 votes.
    Well, there's 5 votes now. I'll have to go with the Delk's.
    That's what I have (the 14" carbons) and can't comment on the Widows.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

if you are in the low cash category, pull the pipes and knock out the cats!! More sound and less weight...I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by NATURALBORNKILLAR View Post
        if you are in the low cash category, pull the pipes and knock out the cats!! More sound and less weight...I did it.
        When I first bought the bike the pipes that were on it were knocked out zx11 pipes, and they sounded like shit. I drove 200 miles one way and spent 200 bucks on a set of like-new oem take offs courtesy of another member here. The stockers are heavy but they're quiet. I'm not a fan of noise. In the 80s when every inline 4 bike on the road had to have a Kirker 4-1 header on them I always kept my stock pipes on because the noise meant nothing to me.
        2004 ZZR1200 moonlight gray, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tires, 1.25" bar risers, color matched Corbin Beetle Bags, stock exhaust, KLEEN system removed.

Comment

Mine are not that loud. I am not a fan of noise either. The Delks just sound good. Low tone
          until you twist her right ear and then they can come on line really good. I did this mod for
          3 reasons, the good tone sound, the looks (carbon and stainless) and the weight savings
          was just a bonus. The biggest change was the damn heat. The stockers with those cats,
          you could make horseshoes on those things after a long ride. The carbons, you can reach
          back and touch after a ride (not the stainless part though). I really noticed the heat difference
          in the summer months. Those stockers stayed hot for some time after a ride.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Sorry I'm late to notice this poll. I did this exact thing: wanted to drop weight and went first to Black Widows. They cut 16 lb compared to the stock pipes but I found the noise too loud and rowdy in traffic. Delkevics are slightly heavier (only drop 14 lb) but I like the sound a lot. They are keepers.

One side note: I could tell these muffs flow better because the lean stumble at 3500-4000 rpm was made worse. Finally pushed me to shim the carb needles. All's good now.

Comment

Working...
            X