opinions saught on exhaust (poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions saught on exhaust (poll)

I want to drop the stock cans simply for weight savings but don't want to sacrifice quality in the process. Since I only find two available slip ons currently; Black widow and Delkevic and I'm primarily only concerned with the polished SS ovals (18" Del. & 16" BW) I just want to poll the page for opinions. Reasons are optional, cautionary input appreciated.
    Delkevic 18" ovals
    57.14%
    Black Widow 16" ovals
    42.86%
    2004 ZZR1200 moonlight gray, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tires, 1.25" bar risers, color matched Corbin Beetle Bags, stock exhaust, KLEEN system removed.

I had Delkevics on my FJ1200, which was a big improvement on weight, sound and performance. They were very well made.
    I have Black Widows on my ZZR1200. An excellent mod, full system. No restrictions in the headers, unlike the OEM headers. Improved consumption, much improved performance.

DSC04791.jpg
    Last edited by BillDownUnder; 04-06-2022, 07:31 PM.
    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

I have had 18" Delks on my 14R for nearly seven years now. They are the CF version. They have held up remarkably well, were (and still are) relatively low in cost, have a nice (not to loud) sound, and obviously cut weight and look 500 times better than those fugly Kawi stock cans. I may replace them with new versions of the same things, but just have not needed too.
      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I put delks on my 04 zzr1200 last year and it was the best decision so for. Sound amazing.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have 14inch oval carbon delks on my 02 Zed. 5+ years. Baffles have been out for some time now.
          Loud, not really, I think they sound great and I'm an old fart. The weight savings over OEM, a bunch.
          Getting rid of those toaster oven catalyst was a bonus too. Quality product as well.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

What happened to the Delkevic US webpage? Alli get now is a page saying the domain is for sale... Do they have a new URL or something?
            2004 ZZR1200 moonlight gray, Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tires, 1.25" bar risers, color matched Corbin Beetle Bags, stock exhaust, KLEEN system removed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjmcg View Post
              What happened to the Delkevic US webpage? Alli get now is a page saying the domain is for sale... Do they have a new URL or something?
              I just googled Delkevic and went right to their webpage, found my slip-ons, now $544 a pair (up from $500 7 years ago- not bad)

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

They are also on Ebay. When searching for Delkevic is goes right to their us seller page.
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/17104879128...8AAOSwWZVd79a6

Last edited by CHARLIE; 04-05-2022, 04:47 PM.
                "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

I see now whats up with their webpage. All my bookmarks are delkevic.us Apparently they dropped the ".us" and went ".com"

Comment

Get the good ones peace

Comment

This poll is exhausting
                      I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I've seen and heard a couple of sets of the Delk's. They were good quality and sounded good as well.

Had a set of Black Widow's on the wife's bike and they were the same.

Think you'll be happy with either one you choose
                        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                          This poll is exhausting
                          apparently not, only 3 votes.

Comment

But, they're important ones, from people who know.
                            I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

I read that as only 3 notes (music notes)
                              Last edited by Barney45; 04-10-2022, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X