No announcement yet.

Small sputter on light accel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've figured it out - the pilot circuit has an effect up to about 1/4 throttle, especially when cruising at small throttle openings.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I dug through all the friggin plastics for a third time..... spun em all out to 2 3/4 out and still getting a bobble phase under a load, seems less pronounced than before, but stumbles on light climb at low revs and throttle... less so on the flats now .
      I can go to Out 3, or perhaps a 42 or 44 Pilot Jet, but does not sound like anybody here has had to do that? And more so , I dont recall this issue previously ....

Anything else I am missing ? How many had to/ have replaced Carb collars for example .... any other orifices in the carb I should have cleaned besides the new rebuild kit ? I do see the little pin holes near the butterfly valves for example ? Are they part of the idle circuit ?
      Thanks all.
      S

Comment

I had similar issues for a long time and come to find out (#4) cylinder carb had a blockage in the pilot circuit in the carb body itself. I blew carb cleaner and checked every passage into the throat is how I found it. Also running one shim on needles and 2-1/2 turns out on mixture screws, with D&D cans. I identified cylinder 4 by pulling plug wires off one at a time at idle with the tank off. You could tell it was weak.
        Get a chair cushion, put it where the seat goes and turn the tank around and strap it down.
        Did you check the float levels? If not follow the book on that. Mine runs absolutely flawless since I found that blockage.

Comment

Originally posted by CYACOP View Post
          I had similar issues for a long time and come to find out (#4) cylinder carb had a blockage in the pilot circuit in the carb body itself.
          Ditto on my ZRX1200 some years ago. When changing o-rings on my idle mix screws, one(old) one was inadvertently left behind, and blocked proper flow. I had to dig it out with a hooked sewing needle.

I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Working...
          X