Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versys 1000 se lt

Hi all, its been a while !
    after i sold my zzr 1200 many years ago (job loss) i stayed without a bike for about a year. Then got a DRZ400s that i have been using to commute to work, fun in the desert and some camping for the past 5 years. I really like the riding position on those bike but need more power and more cargo ability.
    locally i found a 2019 versys 1000 se lt with less than 400 miles..... Im really considering it.
    anybody had one ?
    https://youtube.com/shorts/JJidKj3DJDA?feature=share

Hi, I currently have a '15 Versys 1000 LT since new that I put about 10,000 miles on.

It does not have the electronics of the newer ones so I can't speak about those features but the bike has been flawless.

Great running bike with a very upright seating position. It's a lot taller and feels top heavy and to me not as much fun to ride as the ZZR. I'm going to sell one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by loic View Post
      Hi all, its been a while !
      Sure has!
      I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Originally posted by motor_psycho View Post
        Hi, I currently have a '15 Versys 1000 LT since new that I put about 10,000 miles on.

It does not have the electronics of the newer ones so I can't speak about those features but the bike has been flawless.

Great running bike with a very upright seating position. It's a lot taller and feels top heavy and to me not as much fun to ride as the ZZR. I'm going to sell one or the other.
        For sure it wont be as much fun as my old zzr but now i want more upright riding position, good wind protection, luggage capacity etc..ive looked at the tracer 900 gt. Which is a more exiting bike but i do like inline 4.
        i found a 2019 Versys with less than 400 miles on it asking price $12.5 k. That, to me, is a great deal as the bike new cost close to $18 k...(out of my range)

Comment

You can't go wrong as a reliable solid quality bike as a Versys. It's not got a lot of sex appeal but it's a damn good daily driver and for me it's my main transportation. We have been a one car family for 40 years. I go grocery shopping and run errands with the 2 side cases and top case. Both side and top cases will hold helmets. It's (to me) very fast. I keep up with my friends on Ducati Multistrada 1200S and Triumph Thruxton and they can't out run me but they do try. The inline 4 is to me the finest example of a motorcycle engine as far as useable torque and smoothness. I love the Versys. I got a left over '15 in '17 for 8999 with 2 sidecases. There was some kind of rebate so I got 1000 for accessories and got the top case and mount plus some driving lights.So 4 years into this one. I have a Puig touring windscreen that I found much better than the Madstad that I have had on my previous bike a Tiger 1200. I would not bother with any extended warranty as these are bullet proof bikes. I've done oil changes and brake fluid. Still on the set of tires I put on at 1000 miles due to nails. Dunlop Street Smart II have 9000 mile and look new. Then I drive like an old man cause I are one!

Comment

You can't go wrong as a reliable solid quality bike as a Versys. It's not got a lot of sex appeal but it's a damn good daily driver and for me it's my main transportation. We have been a one car family for 40 years. I go grocery shopping and run errands with the 2 side cases and top case. Both side and top cases will hold helmets. It's (to me) very fast. I keep up with my friends on Ducati Multistrada 1200S and Triumph Thruxton and they can't out run me but they do try. The inline 4 is to me the finest example of a motorcycle engine as far as useable torque and smoothness. I love the Versys. I got a left over '15 in '17 for 8999 with 2 sidecases. There was some kind of rebate so I got 1000 for accessories and got the top case and mount plus some driving lights.So 4 years into this one. I have a Puig touring windscreen that I found much better than the Madstad that I have had on my previous bike a Tiger 1200. I would not bother with any extended warranty as these are bullet proof bikes. I've done oil changes and brake fluid. Still on the set of tires I put on at 1000 miles due to nails. Dunlop Street Smart II have 9000 mile and look new. Then I drive like an old man cause I are one!
            I went there, bike looked nice but the stearlership was adding close to $4 k on top of the internet price so i walked out. Too bad.

Comment

Good to hear from you Loic, sorry about the lost “deal.” I hope you find another bike soon.
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                Good to hear from you Loic, sorry about the lost “deal.” I hope you find another bike soon.
                ???????????? the dealer was "ride now powersport" they are notorious for screwing ppl. One of the fee, $500 was for battery warranty...lol i asked them what is that and they say well we'll replace for free your battery when it dies, battery life is less than a year...???????????? I told them i dont need that, i still have my oem battery on my 2016 drz and its 5.5 years old.. Bunch of thief.
                i still have my drz but its getting cold and im going to have to move farther away from my (new) job so i really want and need something with much better wind protection. Im going to look at the 650 versys and also vstrom but not many bike at tge dealer..

Comment

Those A$$holes are notorious for doing that bait and switch. Won't give you a price over the phone and you waste hours going in there. I had a bad experience in Ocala but have also had some good ones there. Lately nothing good going on there. If you want to trade in a bike that your upside down on and then finance your bike with them they are easy to deal with. I did that with my wife's Victory which I could not sell as Victory went out of business.

Comment

Those A$$holes are notorious for doing that bait and switch. Won't give you a price over the phone and you waste hours going in there. I had a bad experience in Ocala but have also had some good ones there. Lately nothing good going on there. If you want to trade in a bike that your upside down on and then finance your bike with them they are easy to deal with. I did that with my wife's Victory which I could not sell as Victory went out of business.
                    This sucks. I think maybe the current shortage of inventory has the dealers doing anything to make money on what they have, and they are just basically "trolling for idiots". If I were in the market I think I would just spend the time and effort to find what I want from a private party.
                    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Good to see you, Loic.

PawPawKaw has been riding a 1000 Versys for years. Send him a PM.

I've been thinking of a Vstrom650 …

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
                      ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Does anybody ride these things on actual dirt roads? If so, how does that work out?
                        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Hey,I live at the end of a dirt road and just got home on a Versys 1000, about a half mile of sand and pot holes. It's got some decent suspension even going over small logs.I've got a steel bash plate that keeps the rocks off of the oil filter.

Some idiot put the oil can in front of the engine so it's a real weak spot.

I can get on the pegs and stand up and that helps on sand. I've got front and rear crash bars that keep the beast off of my body when it does go down and off road you do go down a lot. So hell yes I take mine off of unpaved roads all the time. I just had to ride through some slimy mud and just let the back tire spin a bit and kept loose. Compared to the ZZR it's much much better.

Let some air out of the tires and turn off the traction control and prepare to dump you bike!

I would rather go off road on the 250 but this thing will do it.

I've been told Versys is for Versatile. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
                            Good to see you, Loic.

PawPawKaw has been riding a 1000 Versys for years. Send him a PM.

I've been thinking of a Vstrom650 …
                            I bought a 2009 VStrom 1000 last summer to use on my Colorado rides to hit dirt roads too. I worked hard at fixing it up, since it sat unused for two years, but I blew my shoulder rotator cuff out before I could try it out.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                              Does anybody ride these things on actual dirt roads? If so, how does that work out?
                              My brother has an ‘07 Suzuki VStrom 1000 and rode it two up in Colorado over Cinnamon Pass into Silverton, Colorado last summer. He made it over some rocky and steep terrain but lost his center stand. He will not do that rough of dirt again on his vstrom and maybe not even on his KLR650. His VStrom does very well on hard packed dirt roads and most forest service roads in Colorado. I bought a Vstrom 1000 too, as stated above, and plan to ride next summer with my brother. There are so many loop routes in Colorado that use dirt road passes and sort cuts, so I am going the ADV bike route for such Colorado trips. Colorado paved roads tend to start looking like dirt at times too, lol. I still have my track bike (2014 GSXR- 750) and my 2012 ZX-14R.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:

Comment

Working...
                              X