No announcement yet.

ZZR1200 - what goes in this bolt hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR1200 - what goes in this bolt hole?

Was doing a post ride clean and noticed that there is a bolt that goes in this hole (see pic). The location is on the right side under the oil sight window - right by the lower fairing bolt (in fact uses the same mounting block). What goes here? Can someone take a pic of their bike?

..AJ
    Attached Files

Difficult to make out a bolt hole in that pic.
    However, directly below my sight glass is a bolt for the side engine cover.
    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Hi There,

Yes I do have a threaded hole in the square tubing welded on to provide a place to bolt the fairing to ....however, there is nothing in that threaded hole .
      S
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      Last edited by Stevo555; 10-08-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

16337266142583737989050257706781.jpg Bone stock 2002... nothing is there.
        2002 ZZR1200, 2007 VTX1800C, 1992 Stealth Twin Turbo

Comment

Nothing. It matches the lug on the left side that has a loop bracket for the 2 drain lines on the left side.
          There is a drain hose there (in the picture) but a bracket is not needed on the right side to hold it being
          it's not near anything like on the left side. I just checked this on mine just now and I know that's OEM
          because I'm the original and only owner of mine. Those lugs are probably in a pile, all made the same,
          and just welded on the frame during manufacturing where it doesn't matter which side they end up on.
          "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
          but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Thanks for checking all.
            ..AJ

Comment

Working...
            X