No announcement yet.

Last Real Ride of 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps, Partly cloudy and lower 50's.130 miles. The usual river route around the Susquehanna in southern PA. And I too hit some DoT applied gravel in an unexpected location. Ruined a couple of miles of the tightest twisties on the loop. Lots of dust on the roads from all of the harvesting. Kicked in the TC a couple of times. Definitely not the super model that Greg's 14 is and the scenery is not as grand.

2021-10-17 1.jpg
    image_16012.jpg

2021-10-17 3.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slayman; 10-17-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Good for you guys. Glad to read about members getting out and mocking mother nature.

I will be riding some good roads near Harrisonburg VA next week with my brother Pete(Pedu). My brother Joe will be in his suped up Monte Carlo SS. He does a great job in that thing keeping up with Pete and I in the tight stuff. Forecast looks clear for now, albeit, temps will be in the 40's to start each day. Pretty cool stuff for this Florida boy. This will likely be my last ride for the year as well. If it gets interesting I will post a report.

Comment

I rode about 300km this weekend because it somehow hasn't snowed here yet. Here's some pics from past couple weeks:
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        Last edited by YYCZED; 10-17-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayman View Post
          Perhaps, Partly cloudy and lower 50's.130 miles. The usual river route around the Susquehanna in southern PA. And I too hit some DoT applied gravel in an unexpected location. Ruined a couple of miles of the tightest twisties on the loop. Lots of dust on the roads from all of the harvesting. Kicked in the TC a couple of times. Definitely not the super model that Greg's 14 is and the scenery is not as grand.

Enjoying the new bike?

Comment

You guys are killing me. I left home on September 20 for a month-long adventure south of the border. First stop was Orlando Florida for a few days on a bit of a working vacation then over to Albuquerque for the hot air balloon fiesta. From there I went to Toronto for a short visit. I’m flying home today but I have a hunch riding season is over. I put a new chain and sprocket‘s on the bike in anticipation of our late season BC getaway but we all know what happened to that. Here are some pics for my adventures along the way.

448F3860-997E-4F3B-9CB8-B3D47B9FBDD9.jpeg 5E26D6DB-1E2E-42D0-B3A3-5E75298D5276.jpeg B0D5D254-0792-46C0-BD5A-6C2B2AB9CD6B.jpeg 3A754EB6-585A-4C68-9F69-7A5155FE4E19.jpeg 4253ACD8-496B-48BB-B7BE-502EDDFEF03E.jpeg BA2A845B-CC3A-4709-8AB6-26B50C9EF1FA.jpeg 695ED35B-7B12-4250-9ABC-C4F2A6BB61CB.jpeg 7C31A4ED-41A0-497C-8410-95671E124D03.jpeg 66DA6325-4ADB-4767-B39A-950E85D96B88.jpeg 928B5CA3-E167-406D-B336-B11417571DF1.jpeg B29A1DF0-240C-4363-BC30-0EAE71F3C30F.jpeg
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 10-18-2021, 06:48 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
              I rode about 300km this weekend because it somehow hasn't snowed here yet. Here's some pics from past couple weeks:
              Whoa! October riding in Alberta!
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Riding season is just starting down here in SoFla. I was out riding today and for the first time in recent memory, I didn't come back soaked in sweat. Long range weather forecasts have the winter pretty dry and w/reduced temps/humidity, that makes for nice riding here in the Sunshine State. Now if only I could get these arthritis/bursitis ridden shoulders to cooperate a tad more, life would be grand. I only rode about 90 miles today but by the time I got home, my shoulders were aching.

Ride well, fellas and enjoy those days you have left on 2 wheels.
                Lee

Comment

Riding again today. That's 5 days in a row for me. Rare with all of the rain we have had this year but
                  for several days we have been dry and around low 70's for highs. I'll venture out today again looks like.
                  My rides too are not long these days, the old frame just ain't what it once was. Like Lee, we just keep on
                  keeping on as long as we can. Gotta go back to the ole work grind tomorrow, but I did manage to slide
                  in a couple of days off for riding and around the house stuff.
                  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                  but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Enjoying the new bike?
                    Yes, mostly. I love the modern conveniences, especially the quickshifter on the upshift. Downshift is okay but I don't use it much. Definitely vibier than the ZZR. I might go down a tooth or two on the rear sprocket. I could live with a bit less torque. Not as much wind protection, which I knew, so I may have to work on that. Handles better but still need to set it up. And I haven't done an extended trip yet. Only 2000 miles since May. That's just terrible miles for me.
                    So, yeah, definitely suits my needs and is really fun to ride.

Comment

Great to see you still have your bike! Thanks for the pics, too! Riding season is going strong here in Arizona but my shoulder still does not have the strength to ride, yet. I am still going strong in PT and see the doc tomorrow for my 3 month check up on my progress since my rotator cuff surgery.

My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

[QUOTE=NotDeadYet;n1214095]You guys are killing me. I left home on September 20 for a month-long adventure south of the border. First stop was Orlando Florida for a few days on a bit of a working vacation then over to Albuquerque for the hot air balloon fiesta. From there I went to Toronto for a short visit. I’m flying home today but I have a hunch riding season is over. I put a new chain and sprocket‘s on the bike in anticipation of our late season BC getaway but we all know what happened to that. Here are some pics for my adventures along the way.

/QUOTE]

Great pics Dave. Many many moons ago I crewed for a local commercial balloon pilot.

Comment

Trips since moving haven't been many. Not that there isn't places to go and roads to explore, just life creeping in. This past weekends weather was exceptional like last weekend. Last weekend was the Fraternal Order of Police poker run for local Halloween drive. Route was north to Quartz Mnt lake, Hobart, Ozark Trail Road, Meers, Snyder, and back. This past Saturday did a poker run put on by the harley shop in Lawton, breast cancer awareness is a good enough cause so we were in. Took us to Duncan, Rush Springs, Medicine Park and back to Lawton. Sunday we were still in the riding mood and headed west to Caprock Canyon state park in Texas. Beautiful scenery and longest sustained triple digit speeds with absolutely nothing but sweeping corners, rolling hills of straight roads, and the rare occasion car. Can't upload the pictures for some reason right now, but will work on that.

Comment

15C here yesterday
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

15C here yesterday
                              That's getting close to my cutoff. For me, anything below 60F is only
                              on a sunny day. Can't handle the cool/cold anymore. Old days, didn't
                              really care, we just went. Older and smarter I guess.
                              "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
                              but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Had a nice day in central Virginia today. About 225 miles of gorgeous countryside and sprinkle in some good twisty sections followed up with 70 degrees and you got a good day.

Supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. We have a decent loop planned. All new-to-me roads so we will see. Got about the same number of miles with a few little options if our antique bodies say it's OK. The way I feel right now, 225 miles is gonna be a stretch.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow evening, and Tuesday looks like a bust. We will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X