Carnage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage

Went to the strip and ended up breaking the chain ????
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I did the same thing to my very first motorcycle many decades ago... broke the chain which then trashed the case. JB Weld to the rescue...
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

is this your 14r?

Comment

It's a ZZR 1200 I believe.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

It’s my old ZZR How many miles on her now ER

Comment

I'd bet that was scary - looks like you were doing a decent speed when it broke.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
            99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I had a chain break once on a 74 Honda 750 SOHC. Busted the left case . Had to put her down
              Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ-r View Post
                It’s my old ZZR How many miles on her now ER

Comment

Originally posted by jmenon View Post
                  is this your 14r?
                  Nope zzr1200 I wish I had a 14

Comment

yeah you do need to keep those chains fresh. the stock chain was toast on mind after about 20k miles. I went to a DID ZZZ and its still going strong at 70k miles... they updated it to the 3d but this thing is the way to go... https://www.amazon.com/EK-Chain-530-.../dp/B00M9NEVYM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenon View Post
                      yeah you do need to keep those chains fresh. the stock chain was toast on mind after about 20k miles. I went to a DID ZZZ and its still going strong at 70k miles... they updated it to the 3d but this thing is the way to go... https://www.amazon.com/EK-Chain-530-.../dp/B00M9NEVYM
                      EK make the ZZZ. I've fitted a 3D to the R1, looks good. The plates on the silver one are nickel plated.

But make sure you have a decent chain tool. The old Motion Pro really struggled to push the rivet link plate on.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Working...
                      X