Weather this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather this year.

I can't really recall a wetter summer than we've had here in the ole Southern US this year so far. Or maybe it's worse
    on the weekends (riding days). I have cut my grass more than I have in the 9 years I've lived in this house
    I'm in now. Saying that being the amount of gas I've bought for my mower compared to the past. This week we'll get rain from the
    storm coming in from the gulf as it goes through. Prayers for the guys further south. Like the old Honda
    commercial from years past," I just want to ride."
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

And in the west it’s been drier than a popcorn fart in a wind storm. We’ve lived most of the summer with above average temperatures and minimal rainfall. Forest fires have been raging throughout British Columbia for the past two months. Cooler temps and some much needed precipitation are helping fire fighters finally get some of them contained.

The farmers have pretty much lost their crops to drought. Food prices for us and hay prices for cattle are already starting to spike. I’m looking at clear blue skies today. We’ve been living in a haze of forest fire smoke for almost two months. It’s nice to see the sun again.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

We've had our wettest cooler months (June - August) in years. Mostly to do with ocean temperatures. Haven't ridden enough, but have to mow the lawn more often.
      Perth, Western Australia.
      “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Comment

I went out for a bit today (ahead of this storm coming up this way) and it was humid as the tropics out there.
        We're gonna have an over abundance of leaves this fall I would think being the rain has everything growing at
        a record pace too. Maybe it'll dry up some then. I get a lot of riding in the fall anyway, I'm not one of those that
        sits in front of a TV for hours watching sports while the weather is prime that time of year. Just not into it much
        anymore.

Comment

Oddly enough, barring the few month's worth of rain in a couple of days, New England, Connecticut anyways, had the most "normal" weather I can remember in a long time. The temps dropped from the high 80's to the low '70's in 3 days. Hoping for a long Indian Summer.

Comment

Got a good ride in yesterday, but a holiday, day off, and it's raining again today. Can't win. Yesterday was
            damn near perfect though, so I'll take it.

Comment

Been out of town the last couple of weeks so can't comment on my local weather.

Looks like it is beginning to cool down comfortably in my area at the moment.

Mid 80's and low humidity.
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

I live on the highest hill in Alachua County Florida-200' ASL. In my backyard is a natural pond that has been there for at least 200 years. It's from a cavern cave in deep underground. It's about 250 x 50 and full of turtles. Now I see that it's overflowing it's banks and the 3 neighbors near me are flooded and had to buy a big pump to pump the water down the hill so water did not go into their houses. I used to say if our house floods were in trouble at 200' high. My house is at the top of the hill so I'm just pitching in 1/4 the cost of the pump and gas to keep it running just to keep the peace. The neighbors to the West can't use the road to their house so are parking in my front yard. It's the most rain in at least 200 years of recorded and oral history of the area. It's called Crockett Pond as you know who camped there, Davy Crockett but that most likely is a Crock. Climate change my ass. It's already climate CHANGED>

Comment

The grass in Tulsa is usually brown and dead by the start of August, I’ll probably be mowing into October this year. Lots of rain this year and don’t take this wrong you east coast guys but I am thankful that Ida sucked all of the Humidity out of Oklahoma this last week.
                  Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

Comment

The "new normal"! i.e. Nothing is normal any more. Anywhere you look it's mental.
                    Having said that, Scotland has had an excellent Summer for a change. Biking alive and well on this side of the Pond!
                    Bicycling however is a scourge!! Read a news item this morning re cyclists up in arms about HGV drivers being to blame for cyclist deaths in London. These pedal pumpers ignore every single rule of safe riding then blame someone else when they get squished. The cost of being 'Green!'
                    Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.
                    A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Comment

I've been to Tulsa, the humidity can be as bad as New England is in the dog days of August. Great roads on the city limits of Tulsa to ride WFO!

Comment

Rain again all of the past week and forecast for the next 5 days. No riding this weekend.
                        Time to clean I guess.

Comment

It was supposed to rain today in Connecticut, but turned into a humid partly sunny day in the 80's. I got around 100 miles in. I had an excellent tide, with hardly any cars on the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X