Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer riding gloves.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I have had the same faded black Cortech gloves for over ten years. I just love the way the feel. I tried to replace them with an updated Cortech version but two seems let loose on my second ride. So, I went back to the ol’ ones and just use some Mothers Back to Black liquid on them ever so often. 7D2B4E86-BBC3-40AB-B25F-DC5483A22C37.jpeg
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

    Comment


    • #17
      I do realize these longer gauntlet type are better in a crash, but the ones I've tried over the years are just
      too damn hot for summer riding in the these parts.With the temps combined with the humidity here in the South,
      I just have to go with the ones I'm wearing for now.
      "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
      but sometimes it just needs a mod"

      Comment


      • #18
        I just got the set of Held Evo-Thrux gloves shipped to me from Revzilla. I ordered based on their size chart, and the gloves are the same size (XXL/11) as my old Spidi gloves, which fit perfectly. These appear to be same size, but boy are they snug on my fingers and hands (not lengthwise, that is fine). So, question... Do you all think, based on your experience with Held and other quality leather gloves, that they will break in much? Or do I need to send them back?
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by gregness View Post
          I just got the set of Held Evo-Thrux gloves shipped to me from Revzilla. I ordered based on their size chart, and the gloves are the same size (XXL/11) as my old Spidi gloves, which fit perfectly. These appear to be same size, but boy are they snug on my fingers and hands (not lengthwise, that is fine). So, question... Do you all think, based on your experience with Held and other quality leather gloves, that they will break in much? Or do I need to send them back?
          Depends. Held gloves do seem to fit snugly, which is perfect for me as AStars always were too loose on my ring and little fingers. If the length is right, they should break in to be a nice, snug fit. But if they are uncomfortably tight it might pay to go up a size. Do Held make half sizes for Evo Thrux?
          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

          06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
          99 Yamaha R1

          Comment


          • #20
            Don't know, but they are going back. Just too damn snug. I also found them to be heavier/warmer than expected, I may go to a lighter construction glove with the replaecment.
            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

            Comment


            • #21
              I put 900 miles on the the Held Air N Dry gloves last fall thinking they were a little tight but would break in. Nope. They were a very good fit except the right thumb was just a bit too short to be all day wearable. They offer a long version of that glove which I might try.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by gregness View Post
                Don't know, but they are going back. Just too damn snug. I also found them to be heavier/warmer than expected, I may go to a lighter construction glove with the replaecment.
                The Evo Thrux doesn't look as though it has as much venting as the Titan Evo, which has an air scoop moulded into the knuckle protector. They are definitely cooler than the Phantom.

                BUT they are at different price point!

                Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk


                "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

                06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                99 Yamaha R1

                Comment


                • #23
                  Rev'it Sand 3 gloves. I really like these.

                  Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

                  2003 ZZR1200, 2001 ZRX1200R, 2 Triumph Sprints, Triumph Daytona, Triumph Speed Triple. Yes, I have a problem

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I feel like Held quality in gloves has dropped recently. I sent back a pair last year because they were weirdly stitched and felt like wooden clogs for your hands.

                    Last year I splashed out on unlined Racer High, which have a kangaroo skin palm and loads of carbon fibre on knuckles etc. They were pricey but should last a decade like my best Held ones.

                    Downside is they flow very little air and the cost

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      I feel like Held quality in gloves has dropped recently. I sent back a pair last year because they were weirdly stitched and felt like wooden clogs for your hands.

                      Last year I splashed out on unlined Racer High, which have a kangaroo skin palm and loads of carbon fibre on knuckles etc. They were pricey but should last a decade like my best Held ones.

                      Downside is they flow very little air and the cost
                      I was not super impressed with the Held gloves I just returned- kinda clunky and I also thought some of the stitching was weird...
                      "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Milehighscottie View Post
                        Rev'it Sand 3 gloves. I really like these.

                        Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        I am looking at the Sand 4's right now. How do they run size-wise? Held 11's were to small for my hands...
                        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                          I feel like Held quality in gloves has dropped recently. I sent back a pair last year because they were weirdly stitched and felt like wooden clogs for your hands.

                          Last year I splashed out on unlined Racer High, which have a kangaroo skin palm and loads of carbon fibre on knuckles etc. They were pricey but should last a decade like my best Held ones.

                          Downside is they flow very little air and the cost
                          The first 2 pairs I bought were excellent but one of the fingers in the Titan Evo isn't stitched right. I'm going to return them soon for replacement under warranty now that it's winter here.

                          Their high end gloves used to be made in Europe but I noticed that the Titan Evo were made in China.

                          Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

                          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

                          06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                          99 Yamaha R1

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X