Summer riding gloves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer riding gloves.

What's everyone running these days? I've been using these. https://www.alpinestars.com/collecti...31614602412090
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

That's what I am using. They are the first non-gauntlet gloves that I have owned and I like them a lot. Comfortable and cool.

Comment

For the money, the best shorty gloves I can find that include Knox palm sliders and at a good price.

Scorpion EXO SGS MK II Gloves

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...s-mk-ii-gloves

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

I just don't feel comfortable wearing shorty gloves, although I have an old pair of Alpinestars that I wear for city riding in summer. Bought them from a member here years ago.

I have a pair of Held Agadir for hot days, which are made from unlined, perforated, kangaroo leather. Amazing gloves, enough ventilation to keep my hands cool but still have reasonable protection. I wear race gloves most of the time though as it isn't usually that hot here.

They are discontinued but I'm hoping they will last another few summers. Not sure whether there is a direct replacement for them in the Held range.

Last edited by Moise; 05-24-2021, 12:46 PM.
        "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
        99 Yamaha R1

Comment

I bought a pair of the Klim Mohave gloves last year and these are the most comfortable summer glove I have ever worn. I will order another pair after this summer. The best part is they are under $50

Comment

I have two pair of Helds as pictured above that I rotate through my kit as needed.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

I've been pleased with the Joe Rocket Resistor gloves...
              Secure wrist closure, flows air well through stretchable fabric, integrated plastic knuckle guard.
              http://www.joerocket.com/gloves-1/mens-resistor-glove

About $30 on Amazon.
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”...Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Interesting. I am preparing to order new gloves right now. Kind of surprised so many of us are going away from gauntlet gloves. When I raced (and occasionally crashed) I greatly valued the added protection of the gauntlet.
                "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I forgot to add. Next set of gloves I get, I'll be trying this company......

https://www.racerglovesusa.com/

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Not exactly summer gloves but I'll try a pair of these when available.
                    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10050935

Not exactly summer gloves. I had a pair of Held Air N Dry that were two in one and they worked great but were a tad too small. Price has since gone up to $295 and I "lost" $150 on that pair so I'll try the "cheaper" option.

Comment

I just sprang for the Held Evo-Thrux gloves, $170 at Revzilla. Too many good recommendations not to go this way for a gauntlet sport glove!

"The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
                        I just sprang for the Held Evo-Thrux gloves, $170 at Revzilla. Too many good recommendations not to go this way for a gauntlet sport glove!

I'm sure you'll like them if they're anywhere near as good as the Titan Evo gloves I bought on special a year ago. They might look a bit hardcore for street riding, but you don't notice the armour once riding.

Not for hot days with the Kevlar lining on the back.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Moise; 05-28-2021, 04:08 PM.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

And most importantly - they will match your bike and riding gear nicely. We all like to be colour coordinated!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
                            And most importantly - they will match your bike and riding gear nicely. We all like to be colour coordinated!
                            As long as I don't buy a green bike!

I'm over black gloves and how they fade after a couple of seasons.

99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                              As long as I don't buy a green bike!
                              Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X