I'm back......partially.....for a reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back......partially.....for a reason

I can't figure it out. Your turn off a computer and next thing you know it's been 7 or 8 years..... I'd like to say I was having fun and I guess some of it was, but a whole bunch was just typical aging / life stuff that was mostly just blah and sad. I'm older, grayer, fatter, have some regrets etc. Life has taken some unusual turns and while it has all been survivable and even somewhat prosperous at times its just stuff I'm resisting posting because EVERYBODY has their own shit to deal with. I'm still a lucky guy for what I have.

So my point to all this is my 2005 ZZR1200 which I expect is worth next to nothing has been sitting in my garage getting its twice a year ride since 2015, and today my wife was downsized from her job. I need to juggle some finances, pay some stuff off etc because I have decided, Or I should say we have decided that due to her RA, and her mid 50 age, to see if we can swing her just retiring.

So if I liquidate stuff I barely use, and come up with a few grand to pay off my Indian, well lets just say that is 1 step of the plan. She will not ride my ZZR with me, She can tolerate the Indian couch for a hour or two, its either that or just sell them both and not ride at all.

I'm in NE pa, I'm just basically feeling my way around this subject right now, and this severance of hers happened at 9 am this morning with a notification of the meeting in HR at 3:15 yesterday afternoon after she had left work for the day.

All I have done this morning is math to figure out a new budget that is NOT paycheck to paycheck and has her no longer working. I love my ZZR, I have abused her plenty, she has been slid down the road on her side(s) and has fallen over, so the frame "dimples" are there. Interestingly enough...the day I installed the LSL sliders ended her falling down ever again. Funny how all that works. that's all been documented on here somewhere from many years ago. The clock is somewhere off the top of my head from 50-60 thousand miles.

anyway.....if anyone has any interest in pursuing I'm looking at it as any dollar is better than nothing. I do NOT expect retail for her and I will not pretend to think she is still pretty to anyone but me.

I'm treating this simply as you never know if you don't ask.

Thanks for reading,

Stryker

Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
    A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

Good luck with the sell. I can agree with you one way is that I can't stand
    having something around the house of certain expense, I no longer use. But, on the other hand
    I'll pack-rat stuff away as well. If your not riding it, someone out there will.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    but sometimes it just needs a mod"

Comment

Hey Stryker!

Well, life happens to all of us, so no foul.

Hate that you'd be keeping an Indian and discarding the Zed.

If you're decided, contact BradleyRas in Harrisburg. His kids are older now and I think he may want to get back into riding.

I'm friends with him on Facebook and can put you two in touch.

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
      ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Sorry you are having to sell.

However, life happens.

GLWS
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
          Hey Stryker!

Well, life happens to all of us, so no foul.

Hate that you'd be keeping an Indian and discarding the Zed.

If you're decided, contact BradleyRas in Harrisburg. His kids are older now and I think he may want to get back into riding.

I'm friends with him on Facebook and can put you two in touch.
          well if that isn't going full circle....I used to talk to him often years ago through here.
          Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
          A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker View Post
            I can't figure it out. Your turn off a computer and next thing you know it's been 7 or 8 years..... I'd like to say I was having fun and I guess some of it was, but a whole bunch was just typical aging / life stuff that was mostly just blah and sad. I'm older, grayer, fatter, have some regrets etc. Life has taken some unusual turns and while it has all been survivable and even somewhat prosperous at times its just stuff I'm resisting posting because EVERYBODY has their own shit to deal with. I'm still a lucky guy for what I have.

So my point to all this is my 2005 ZZR1200 which I expect is worth next to nothing has been sitting in my garage getting its twice a year ride since 2015, and today my wife was downsized from her job. I need to juggle some finances, pay some stuff off etc because I have decided, Or I should say we have decided that due to her RA, and her mid 50 age, to see if we can swing her just retiring.

So if I liquidate stuff I barely use, and come up with a few grand to pay off my Indian, well lets just say that is 1 step of the plan. She will not ride my ZZR with me, She can tolerate the Indian couch for a hour or two, its either that or just sell them both and not ride at all.

I'm in NE pa, I'm just basically feeling my way around this subject right now, and this severance of hers happened at 9 am this morning with a notification of the meeting in HR at 3:15 yesterday afternoon after she had left work for the day.

All I have done this morning is math to figure out a new budget that is NOT paycheck to paycheck and has her no longer working. I love my ZZR, I have abused her plenty, she has been slid down the road on her side(s) and has fallen over, so the frame "dimples" are there. Interestingly enough...the day I installed the LSL sliders ended her falling down ever again. Funny how all that works. that's all been documented on here somewhere from many years ago. The clock is somewhere off the top of my head from 50-60 thousand miles.

anyway.....if anyone has any interest in pursuing I'm looking at it as any dollar is better than nothing. I do NOT expect retail for her and I will not pretend to think she is still pretty to anyone but me.

I'm treating this simply as you never know if you don't ask.

Thanks for reading,

Stryker

Yeh, we're all getting on in years. Sorry to hear of the bumps in the road. Good to see you here and GLWTS

While I am master of my sword, I shall never think any man greater than myself.
            ~Eumenes of Cardia

I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. ~Steve McQueen

I work over by worlds of fun. ~JimmyMac

My photo album - http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=146333

Comment

Working...
            X