Daytona 200 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 200 question

Anybody know if is televised ? I would really like to watch it today. I'm in upstate NY.
    Thanks for any help !!

Race was yesterday. Saturday main event on 600's- two of the several reasons this event is not even a shadow of its former self.

Spoiler Alert! Results below.

In a second...

Here we are...

1. 19 year old Brandon Paasch, Yamaha R6
    2. 18 year old Sean Kelly, Kawi ZX6
    3. Tyler O' Hara, Suzi GSXR 600

Never heard of any of these guys, but that's no surprise.

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

It was on some kind of NBC streaming channel to guarantee nobody watches. I couldn't find it illegally, and there are barely any highlights online.

Michael Dunlop of TT and NW200 fame dropped in for the race and finished eleventh

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
        It was on some kind of NBC streaming channel to guarantee nobody watches. I couldn't find it illegally, and there are barely any highlights online.

Michael Dunlop of TT and NW200 fame dropped in for the race and finished eleventh

I saw the Dunlop name and it did not even occur to me that it might be THAT Michael Dunlop! I am sure he was unimpressed with the whole thing.

I attended the Daytona three times- first time back in the 80's when it was still cool. Scott Russell won.
        Last time in the early 2000's, before it went to 600's but was still kind of cool. Don't remember who won but Scott Russel got rear-ended at the starting line and hurt badly, bike burst into flames right in front of us, that was the end of his career.
        "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

It was a great race and televised on NBC Gold pay by month track pass for $4.99 or $1.99 flat track monthly pass. The podium finishers and top riders are MotoAmerica top finishers, some of which are still teenagers. I was cheering for the 52 year-old Michael Barnes who often led the race during the first half and ended up finishing 4th.
          My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
          http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Was there a Kowitz in the field this year? The last time I went was to watch Arthur give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by mehush View Post
              Was there a Kowitz in the field this year? The last time I went was to watch Arthur give it a go.
              Not this year, the Herculian 2018 effort was his last D200 (34th place out of 70-ish qualifiers)...still sprint racing though

Comment

thank you for the responses

Comment

Working...
                X