Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stumbling on an old 2003 ZZR1200 for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbling on an old 2003 ZZR1200 for sale!

Hello! Haven't been here in a while. Used to be here for many years till I sold my 2002 ZZR1200. Anyway, always missed the bike but was researching another bike and stumbled on this one. A 2003 with 717 miles on it! It's at a dealer. Talked with a salesman there this morning about it. Story goes the original owner passed away not long after purchasing the bike. Apparently had several cars also. Family needed to unload all the vehicles for money and here this thing sits. Looks like the original mirrors have been replaced and probably the windscreen too. Has a Corbin seat. Advertised asking price is $4,999. It's about 1 1/2 hours away from me and I'm thinking about taking a look. Sales guy says price is negotiable. I am concerned about the low mileage (seals leaking, carbs gunked up etc, etc). Well it's almost winter (Northeast Ohio) so hopefully would be able to get a good deal? Any thoughts about this bike and it's price?

For the reasons you stated (old sitting bike issues) I would be offering more like $3-4 k.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

If I were more mechanically skilled I'd look at it. Price seems high considering age.

Comment

Well, I think I'll make the drive to check it out and see if I get that "I gotta have it" feeling! Price is for sure too high! I hope to get a better idea of a final price and a close up inspection. Thanks for the responses! It's always a gamble buying something that's 17 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by CYCLONE2 View Post
          Well, I think I'll make the drive to check it out and see if I get that "I gotta have it" feeling! Price is for sure too high! I hope to get a better idea of a final price and a close up inspection. Thanks for the responses! It's always a gamble buying something that's 17 years old.
          Bring $3g cash and wave it front of them...
          "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

Well I made the drive and got to see the bike closeup. It's not too bad considering it's age but I thought it would be much nicer with only 700 miles on it. Looks nicer in the pics. I didn't get that "I gotta have it" feeling so I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Keep looking.

They are out there
              I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Working...
              X