West Coast USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast USA

I hope all my fellow ZZR forum members on the West Coast of the USA are well and not impacted by the horrendous fires.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Thanks Bill! We were actually getting through this year's fire season in really good shape here in the NW until about a week ago, and then everything blew up. Now we got fires all over the place, in particular the folks in Oregon are really suffering, especially in the I-5 corridor. Over here in Spokane we are about to get pummeled by smoke from big fires to the south and west of us as the wind is changing after blowing from the east all week. Really hoping for rain in the next week!
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

We largely lucked out in BC however the past few days of heavy smoke in the air raised the alarm bells for our fellow compatriots throughout the western states. Must be bad as the stars were blocked out last night before bed, woke up coughing to close the windows, and visibility is down to 2 kms today which is unusual compared to when we commonly see the Olympic Range some 75 kms to the south.
      sigpic

Comment

I have been checking out the fire info and maps on https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

So many beautiful places burning up that we have ridden. So sad to see some of the areas burning where we have ridden during 2West like the McKenzie River in Oregon and the Happy Camp area in NorCal near the Oregon border.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Hope all of our west coast crew are making it through these tragic wildfires.

Anybody heard from Jeff, Stewart or Texx??
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Doing ok, just lots of smoke, from posts on FB. Tex’s wife and her brother’s home town of Blue River got burned up. Blue River is in the McKenzie River valley. We stopped at their old high school for a pic on our 2West ride. Cherie and Dan must be heartbroken.
            My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
            http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
              Hope all of our west coast crew are making it through these tragic wildfires.

Anybody heard from Jeff, Stewart or Texx??
              We're good here in the North Bay. Lots of smoke. Most of our fires are well contained. Residual smoke from those and more flowing in from fires north and east of us. Can actually see some blue in the sky today!
              CONNORWATCH.ORG

Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing.

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                Doing ok, just lots of smoke, from posts on FB. Tex’s wife and her brother’s home town of Blue River got burned up. Blue River is in the McKenzie River valley. We stopped at their old high school for a pic on our 2West ride. Cherie and Dan must be heartbroken.
                I remember stopping at their high school for that oicture.

Sorry to hear about the old house burning down.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by sacowan View Post

We're good here in the North Bay. Lots of smoke. Most of our fires are well contained. Residual smoke from those and more flowing in from fires north and east of us. Can actually see some blue in the sky today!
                  Thanks for checking in Stewart.

Glad you guys are OK for the most part.

Comment

Smoke has blocked out the Sun for over a week, odd, like living under a perpetual solar eclipse. Apparently equivalent smokin 2 packs/day. Known for relatively clean air, Victoria topped the list of most polluted cities world wide for 2 days, now Portland & Seattle 60miles) have it worse & the tragic tails of those with no escape. Fire Season - now anticipated on the West Coast, Australia, & intentional in the Amazon?
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

It's been bad in Tahoe past few days. But no significant fires in the immediate area. Unfortunately until we get some big rains I don't see this really changing much... as the wind shifts we get a few good days here and there

Comment

I saw on the news tonight that the smoke has made it to Europe. NZ was affected by the smoke from the Australian fires last summer, but Europe is about half way around the world from the west coast of N America.
                          "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
                          99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Sun shawn through today, 1st in two weeks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X