No announcement yet.

Pilot Road 4 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked the wear at the weekend and both tyres look nice and even so far. Based on the centre wear, the rear should last about 5,000 miles, which is about the same as the last M7RR. The front has hardly worn at all.

I am having more fun in the twisties though - gas mileage has also dropped!

No issues with grip when accelerating, although the rear did slide a little once on corner entry where the road surface changed, but I've had that happen with the M7RR also.

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
    99 Yamaha R1

Comment

A quick end of life report, as the centre grooves on the rear are just about down to the wear bars after 8,000 miles. That is nearly twice as far as the previous M7RR, and they are known as a high mileage sports tyre. The front is still good with a little cupping on the RH side and the same shoulder is just starting to flatten.

They have mostly been great. I have felt more confident on them than any of the sports tyres I used previously, as they somehow combine stability with quick steering. Plenty of grip on dry roads and they made riding in the wet enjoyable.

The one negative is the centre compound on the rear seems a little hard. I have slid the rear a couple of times on damp roads, but strangely it has been fine when it's properly wet.

So it will soon be replacement time, and I am unsure what to do. I would be perfectly happy with another set, but everyone tells me that the Road 5 is better. Then there's also the Power 5 to consider.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Moise; 11-23-2021, 07:17 AM.
      "You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

06 Ocean Blue ZZR1200, the coolest colour.
      99 Yamaha R1

Comment

Road 2s were my favourite, until the Road 5s came along.
        I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

Comment

Working...
        X