Givi V35 colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Givi V35 colour

Since purchasing the 2012 SE ZX14r in Golden blaze green metallic I’ve been trying to determine what colour to paint the saddlebag inserts. I want to paint them to match the bike (they were colour matched blue on my blue bike and they look like they came from the factory that way) but I have painted them black for the time being.

The bike has the flame decal treatment on it from the factory. Big O recommended maybe adding some flames to the black inserts to tie them into the bike. The flame package is available through Ron Ayres motorcycles. I did a mock up with the green flame on the black bag. Attached are some pictures.

Let me know your thoughts. It’s quite expensive to get the colour-right matched paint for the inserts shipped to Canada. I could add the flames on the colour match paint as well if I chose to go that route but then I’m spending almost $400 to get the bags done with the colour match and the flames. I can buy the flames only for about 75 bucks and put them on the black inserts. Alternatively I could just leave well enough alone. But how many of us know how to do that.

I’m not sure if more flames are better. I’ve already removed all the factory logos. I was thinking about removing all of the flames completely but I realized the clearcoat is over the flames on the gas tank. I then decided to leave the flames alone. Now I’m not sure whether more flames on the saddlebags is too much / tacky. The flames need to go high on the insert on the bag as the rest of the bag is textured and they won’t stick. What do you think? Bueller, anybody??

E5060EDD-636D-4544-87EA-A29E5F33ABD1.jpeg 9102AE9C-A02B-4EC5-A6D2-043A4B6421CD.jpeg 7019796B-6B3E-4120-8BD9-E185C1BDFE9D.jpeg 8D7E092B-438F-402E-BA7B-D354551B4276.jpeg
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 08-17-2020, 01:53 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

No more flames needed, IMO.
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I don’t know who said it
      but less is more ..... imo looks good as is
      Nice bike

Comment

Yeah Dave,

I thought the decals would look better applied to the bags.

Although it's really difficult to get the full affect of the flames since they are only Photoshopped on.

The black looks fine IMO.

However, if you have the time and money give the Color Rite a try.

Be advised that those "candy" colors are HARD to get to match perfectly.

If you are wanting just a little bit of green to tie the bags to the bike maybe look into getting a green "K" decal to put over the GIVI roundel????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3602-1-3-75...sAAOSwivlcpkk4

Or

Just have the GIVI roundel painted green???
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Ya - I’m not digging the flames either. I agree - in this case less is better.

Comment

IMO bags are helpful but turn bikes into wide buses - it’s hard to make them look good. With all the design that goes into front ends, it drives me crazy how apparently little design goes into the rear. So much wasted space is left unused by framing brackets that drop straight down from the widest part of empty flared rear trim. When you look at the tight fit of front wheel fenders, rear wheels & associated oversized wheel wells, trim, mufflers, bag mounts & bags leave as much gaping air as sausage in a bucket. Stock pipes made for show don’t help. I’m surprised with bolt on rear ends that designers haven’t come up with more useful integral streamlined tight fitting end units that can hold stuff sacks. Just don’t make them looking like scooters. I wonder how much extra clearance is above the maximum travel of a rear wheel? I
            Last edited by bctrout; 08-29-2020, 01:46 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

You’re right about bag design. most are butt ugly. Corbin makes decent streamlined bags for the 14. A buddy has them on his and I think they look ok. Unfortunately they aren’t snap on / snap off like the Givi’s. Being able to remove the bags easily is imperative for me for storage in a two car garage with limited space.

Corbin made nice fitting bags for the ZZR but they had those ugly golf ball size dimples on the back of them that looked like a bad case of cellulite. I had some big honkin ass Givi’s on my ZZR that looked like a couple of big pillows strapped to the side. At high speeds they were so aerodynamically inefficient they caused the bike to wobble like crazy. The Givi V35’s they make now are much better but as you’ve noted there is still lots of room for improvement.
              Last edited by NotDeadYet; 08-29-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

That wobble on the ZZR is typically caused by weight distribution. I found loading my tank bag with everything heavy & using stuff sacks in the hard bags with heavier items forward makes all the difference. That and the front wheel must be very well balanced with the weights either on the centre line or divided evenly at each side near the rim. If all the weights are on one side rim the ZZR is highly susceptible to wobbles. Sitting up at reasonable speeds & taking you hands off the bars will tell you if the front wheel has any micro balancing issues. Change the weight loading to the back & you won’t have but a split second to get your hands back in possession before the wobbling amplifies exponentially.
                sigpic

Comment

You are right on all accounts. After 125,000 kms on the ZZR I learned all of those lessons. I found mine would wobble at high speeds with luggage on even if I balanced luggage weight on a scale. Decelerating headshake at lower speeds was another problem entirely. Tires, pressure, balancing and weight distribution would all impact it but if you removed your hands from the bars decelerating headshake was an on and off constant the entire time I owned the ZZR. The solution for me was simply to keep my hands on the bars. I’ve never experienced either of those problems on the 14.

Comment

I never have issues hauling stuff with the 14

DSC02075.JPG

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                      DSC02075.JPG
                      Is that a new truck?

Nice ride - I like the colour.

Comment

Bought it September of 18.

Cajun Red Tintcoat is the color.

Thanks

Comment

I think a big zed would look amazin in that colour

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

DSC02075.JPG

Nice truck! Except for the car tires

Comment

Originally posted by slayman View Post

Nice truck! Except for the car tires
                              What can I say, I'm not a monster truck guy.

Where I'm at the same guys that drive monster trucks are also the same guys that ride Harleys

As a matter of fact, I actually lowered the rear end to match the front height instead of raising the front to match the rear.

I was at the Chevy dealer getting my oil changed yesterday and the salesman was touting some new monster truck Chevy is putting out from the factory called the "Black Widow" edition.

Has a 6" lift, 35" tires, custom wheels,graphics, etc, etc................

$77,000

Think that thing will ever see dirt, mud or roads that warrant the extra $27,000 over sticker price?

A poser truck to go along with a poser motorcycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X