Internal scarring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are a mad man Gordon!

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Yup, down right certifiable, gone the way of the coo coo as result of not riding yet this year and having to wait for rad hoses. Picked up some finer wire brushes to get into the 4-way junction & some cans of super high temp manifold clear coat on the way into w...k today.
      sigpic

Comment

Those headers almost look aftermarket.....!
        Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Need a clue as to how to get the 4 rad hoses
          into the stealership this morning & told they are now on back order until Sept 22nd & I have NO confidence they will actually be available then as I get a different bs story each week going on a month now. Any recommendations for a US based site I can order them from would be most helpful. I have limited options directly here on the island.
          Need the ones encircled in green.

Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Header detailed.

Header front 01.jpg

And clear coated

Header Clear 01.jpg

Header Clear 02.jpg

Dealership lack of action on the rad hose back order took over my mind last night.
            I hate it when people take no action or say there is nothing more they can do.
            So didn't give up and eventually found an aftermarket supplier in the UK
            https://www.as3performance.co.uk/
            I'll cancel the back order with the dealership & get a refund once I have a tracking # early next week.

5a776647c8c34__92007.1517780380.jpg

Last edited by bctrout; 09-11-2020, 03:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice color (or colour in Canadian), Gordon! I hope that they get to you with no probs!
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Tracking shows the hoses were picked in the UK, shipped, arrived in Vancouver, cleared customs & now in DHL sorting - all in less than 30 hours. Still scheduled for delivery next Monday - seems goofy given they are less than 2.5hrs away. This morning into cancel the original OEM order with the dealer, stupid idiots said they appear to be in but not checked into their system - whatever bs that means given last Thursday they said they were back ordered until the22nd. This story should be listed under the “life-s-enduring-questions“.
                sigpic

Comment

Are you coating the header and other materials you wire wheel brush with some form of header paint? You might find they corrode once you bring them down to Bare Metal like that

Comment

• Yup - super high heat header clear coat applied. I have some doubts as to how well it took given our high humidity. I hope it doesn't, but won't be surprised if it peels like a bunch of bananas. There was some pretty thick rust scale on top of the flat portion under the engine & between the 4-way junction that needed to be removed and stopped before perforation, as well as some minor rust along the back side of the pipe bends. Looked so bad on top of the flat section I was surprised it wasn't perforated right through. Figured I might as well take it down to give it a chance to extend its life.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm having difficulty finding the torque specification for tightening the header bolts (highlighted in green) Ref # 92210A / Part # 92210-1114.
                      (PS - rad hoses arrived from UK - reassembly continues today)

ZZR header bolt torgue.png
                      Last edited by bctrout; 09-18-2020, 09:32 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• From an old posting - I went with

Originally posted by Moise View Post
                        20 Nm on the R1, which is 12 lb/ft. 8 mm thread also.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good progress today, quite a few challenges , more cleaning preparation (thought I done all that ) header, rad, oil cooler all on.

sigpic

Comment

• 1 D6B8558F-EBF7-4FB2-B56B-148354B4981A.jpeg
                            sigpic

Comment

• Lookin’ good, Gordon! You might have to leave it as a naked bike to show off all your hard work.
                              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
                              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Working...
                              X