No announcement yet.

How old is you and how old was you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

62 and I was 29 when I bought a leftover 86 Yamaha Radian in 1987. Fun bike but not compared to a ZZR!!

Comment

71 yesterday,
      Built my 1st motorcycle at 13,
      Daily street rider since I was 14.

Comment

53/12. Started on dirt bikes, been riding liter bikes or larger since I was 19.

Comment

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post
          71 yesterday,
          Built my 1st motorcycle at 13,
          Daily street rider since I was 14.
          Happy belated 71st Arthur!

I hit the Big 50 on July 28th.
          I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Belated Happy Birthdays to you both!

Mike, has a knee popped yet for no reason other than turning 50? Not that I'm speaking from experience...

Comment

I was 48. After many hours of research I had narrowed it down to three bikes, RC51, Hayabusa, and the ZZR. Checked with my insurance company and the RC51 and Hayabusa would be about 1600 to insure. ZZR? $560.00. So I chose the ZZR.
              Oh, did I mention that this was my first motorcycle? Scared the crap out of me the first time I started it up.
              Have put over 130,000 miles on two Zeds. Lot of my Hardley buddies hadn't put close to that number their entire lives.
              I'm 62 now. Haven't ridden since I left the People's Republik of Kahleefornya in 2016. Still thinking about whether or not I want another bike.
              sigpic

Comment

55 last month and started riding at 12 on an MR50, currently 02 ZZR1200

Comment

Haven't posted in quite some time....but..

Turned 50 (can't believe I'm that OLD!@#$%)

After moving to the sticks in 1981 from the city everyone there had some sort of power sport...from dirt bikes to 3 wheelers (remember those) snowmobiles, Honda Odysseys I asked if I could ride everyone else's bike.

Rode my bothers moped most of the time, but I got to ride a YZ80, Suzuki 230 Quadsport, Honda 200x, 350x, 200s...Then bought my first used dirtbike, 89 CR250.

In 1995ish I bought my first brand new street bike...well, on/off road KLR250...fun bike but disappointed in performance.

I traded it for a 92 FRZ600 which was much better for the road.

Sold that and took a break for many years with the wife totally against getting another bike since we had young kids.

Fast forward years later my cousin gave me an 87 KX250 which I restored and sold to get my ZZR1200 which is my current ride.

At the time, I was looking at busa's, and cbr1100xx, but I kept seeing the ZZR for sale and when I did my research it turned out to be a good bike.

Yeah it might not be as popular (most people never even heard of it) as the other bikes, bike it's simple, no electronics, parts and insurance is cheap, reliable and fast enough.....

dinky

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyguitar View Post

Yeah it might not be as popular (most people never even heard of it) as the other bikes, bike it's simple, no electronics, parts and insurance is cheap, reliable and fast enough.....

dinky
                    Pretty much sums it up right there

Personally, I'm happy that most people never heard of it.

This site wouldn't be the great site that it is if every dickhead rode a ZZR

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

55...bought my first bike at 19 a 1982 Yamaha XS400 with 800 miles on it which I promptly crashed 2 blocks from the sellers house after buying it. Bananaramas Cruel Summer had just come out.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Pretty much sums it up right there

Personally, I'm happy that most people never heard of it.

This site wouldn't be the great site that it is if every dickhead rode a ZZR
                        only 'special dickheads'....like us?

Comment

Started on a PW50 when I was about 5 or so, with training wheels. Dad raced enduros so I was around motorcycles in the womb.

Pretty sure my love for Kawi's started here:

I'll be 38 next week.

My '03 ZZR1200 was the first street bike I owned, and purchased with my own money. It was a leftover that I bought brand new in '05. I was 22 at the time. Now I get the pleasure of watching CrazyTrain take that beauty around the country.
                          --Kory--
                          2008 C-14

Comment

56 years old. 6 when I got to ride a neighbors minibike. Currently have an '06 RC51, '05 Aprilia Tuono, '19 ZX14R, '16 Concours 14, '17 690 Duke, '12 500 EXC, '06 CRF450X and VacaEds old '04 ZZR1200 Battle-axe............
                            Honestly, all the great things in my life have centered around motorbikes. The people, the moments I cherish...yep, pretty much everything. So glad my neighbor, Lester Mansell, let me take that Honda 50 around his backyard so many years ago.
                            <div>Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of the country air...Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
                            </div>

Comment

Originally posted by dbsuperbiker View Post

only 'special dickheads'....like us?
                              I like to think of us as being "gifted dickheads"

Comment

Working...
                              X