No announcement yet.

ZX14r exhaust recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a winner. Too bad it looks like the cans are welded to the mids, if they were clamped you could just swap them and have the logo's on the inside...

G
    "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

I am loving the Yoshimura Full System 4-1. Sounds awesome, bike runs flawlessly. Ivan’s Flash, Block off plates. Did all the work myself. ???? 4F549F6D-C62D-48F9-85BA-BB7AC0CA64F8.jpeg
      <div>Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scent of the country air...Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware
      </div>

Comment

Originally posted by gregness View Post
        Sounds like a winner. Too bad it looks like the cans are welded to the mids, if they were clamped you could just swap them and have the logo's on the inside...

G

It looks like there is a fastener on the underside near the slipon.
        My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
        http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Nice score, NDY
          My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
          http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

I think the logos are simply riveted on. I could probably remove the logos and if possible, as Greg suggested swap the pipes. If that worked no one would be any the wiser. Worst case I could leave well enough alone and still save $600 from buying new.

I read online somewhere that Muzzy and Kawasaki go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Maybe I should just leave the logos as they are. With Muzzy being out of business it would be like running “old school.”
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-22-2020, 10:44 AM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Don't know what that equates to in U.S dollars but it sounds like a hell of a deal Dave!

I was looking for a nice, used set of Muzzy's for my bike but couldn't find any at the time.

Muzzy's are one of the best looking and sounding pipes on a ZZR or ZX 14 in my opinion.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

The fellow who has them is getting a shipping quote for me. I’m hoping all in that I can get them delivered to my door for $400 US - that’s about $575 in Cdn pesos or half of what I would have to pay for new Delkevics or Two Brothers. New ones would cost $1100 - $1200 Cdn.
                Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-22-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Love it when a plan comes together. Pick up the new bike tomorrow. The Muzzy slipons are on their way.

Now I’m pondering the ceramic coating for the midpipes. I like the look of piken’s bike a lot. I think I will run by the local shop I found and get a price on getting that done.
                  Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-22-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I’ve grown to really like the looks and the sound of the carbon fiber Muzzy’s. They are a keeper.

28D5D15C-510B-47F5-962C-C7CE0553912F.jpeg

9C0CCF26-C769-4473-BDA4-E11067196421.jpeg
                    FB6B3B94-3F1B-4261-AD54-91A5705F558A.jpeg

7705AD4A-27E8-4036-B293-55E2E061F278.jpeg
                    7D02AB23-3133-40BB-811D-0A7FB4C54EB2.jpeg
                    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 10-11-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X