ZX14r exhaust recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX14r exhaust recommendations

What are you guys running for exhaust on your 14r’s? The stockers are heavy as heck and fugly as hell. What were they thinking. It also needs to bark and growl a little. I like to hear some noise.

I‘m thinking of slipons or a full system but I want to stay with two pipes. I like the balance and symmetry of two pipes. I might consider carbon fiber but probably a brushed or satin titanium finish. I don’t like shiny chrome and I would rather they not have big garish logos on them. Any recommendations?

I like Akrapovic but they are too expensive. Delkevic makes a nice full system or just the slipons. I don’t know anything about Graves or Two Brothers. Yoshimira are a little to shiny. What else is out there?
    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-16-2020, 09:52 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

I' FB_IMG_1571776447599.jpg ve used Two Brothers slip on's, carbon fiber cans on both of my Gen2 bikes. Growly but not obnoxious and the quality is above their price bracket.

Comment

I agree with Shotgun: Dos Hermanos (carbon) I also went with the dual slip-ons.

Good bang for the buck, and I went with the insert suppressors to mellow them out a bit.
      My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
      http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Hey Dave,

I would go with slip ons.

No worries about fuel or mapping issues. You can install them in less than an hour. Besides, nowadays the OEM headers flow pretty well and not worth the added expanse of aftermarket.

As for what color of can, I think either a black or carbon fiber can would look better than a silver can (whether it be brushed or satin) BTW You start talking Ti and then you are talking big bucks.

Your bike really doesn't have much silver on it to warrant a silver can.

There are many slip on options. However, price point will/can be a factor.

A few clips:

Yosh

M4

Two Brothers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZzerWVuubw

As for decals/badging, it's damn near impossible to find a can that doesn't have something on it. However, the badging can usually be taken off fairly easily.

That's all I got

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Two photos of two bikes with Two Brothers

carbon fibre - looks bad - in a good way. This bike has a darkened mid-pipe which I think looks great. I wonder if you can buy those from Two Bro’s or how they did that?

2ACEAB1F-A588-435E-93A7-388D3433BE07.jpeg

or titanium - looks like a gentleman’s express, more refined and not quite so hooligan like. They both look good.

DCA0E398-61B0-4B2D-9580-15CD5239A3E2.jpeg

which would you choose?

I’m kind of partial to the Titanium with the polished wheels. If the bike had black wheels I would choose carbon fibre all the way. The carbon fibre does make the bike look a little more sinister / mean looking - in a good way. I like the darkened mid pipes with the carbon fibre. I’m not sure if you can purchase those with the carbon fibre slipons or how they did that? It’s very cool.

My 2006 has these same 14r polished wheels on it with an Area P exhaust with a satin finish. I like it a lot. Unfortunately Area P doesn’t make anything to fit the 14r.

Delkevic and Two Brothers both make a nice carbon fibre and titanium finish slipon. I will see how their prices compare for delivery to the Great White North.

Decisions Decisions ??

also - have any of you reflashed the ECU on yours? If so who did you use and did you see any real world noticeable difference?? I know Ivan’s, Guhl and Schnitz racing will all reflash these. I’m wondering if it’s worth doing for real world riding. Given my current problems the thought of reflashing makes me nervous but I am thinking about it.

thanks
          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-17-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Didn't recall your bike having the polished wheels.

That being the case, the Ti pipe looks good.

Seems like you were leaning that way in the first place so maybe go that route.

I'm pretty sure Delcevik is going to be quite a bit cheaper than the Two Bros.

I also believe the D's can be ordered in different can lengths. You might research that.

Get with Greg (ness). I'm pretty sure he has D's on his bike.

As for a reflash, that's your decision.

I had Schnitz reflash my ECU and haven't had any issues. I optioned for the $75 reflash. Not the full tilt $200 one though.

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

After looking at the pics, I started thinking what you wrote. The titanium exhaust looks better with the color of your rims.

I have yet to change much on my bike besides the 2Bros carbon slip-ons and Laminar Lip. Piken did the ECU flash by Schiltz beer, lol, great bang for the buck. He should be on here soon to give you specific feedback. I have spent more time and money on my track bike; just plan on keeping my ZX-14R as stock as possible for longevity and an extended warranty that transferred with the bike. Nevertheless, the warranty has since expired and may end up flashing the ECU down the road. I’ve just be content with the ‘12 since it performs well above my modified ‘06 ever did.
              My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
              http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Delkevic has both a 13” and an 18” option. I have to measure my Area P’s on my bike. I think they might be closer to the 13” length. So many decisions to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
                  He should be on here soon to give you specific feedback
                  I've got nothing to add. well maybe......

The Schnitz flash for 75.00 yes.

Two brothers with db insert, great bank for the buck (600.00) +/- That's what I have too.
                  I also had the mid pipes ceramic coated.

If I had the spare cheddar I'd go with the Brocks CT Ti "single" (2,000 +/-) . 1. Drops a lot of weight, 2. would make chain maintenance much easier.

ZX14-exh-1.jpg

ZX14-exh-2.jpg

ZX14R-exh-3.jpg

ZX14R_CT_Single.jpg
                  Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

[QUOTE=piken;n1205972]The Schnitz flash for 75.00 yes. I also had the mid pipes ceramic coated.

ZX14-exh-2.jpg

ZX14R-exh-3.jpg

Where did you go to get the midpipes ceramic coated and what was the cost? It really looks great with the carbon fibre cans. That set up on the black bike looks amazing!! If Batman rode he would ride that bike! I’m partial to the two pipe look. The bike looks more balanced and symmetrical to my eye.
                    Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-17-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

There's a place near by that does custom motorcycle work in scottsdale. I've had rims powder coated, kick plates, ceramic coating, etc.

They don't mind doing small projects, the ceramic coating on the mid pipes, don;t remember what it cost, but wasn't expensive..

https://spookyfast.com/

Our ability to distribute interesting information is out pacing our ability to create it.

Comment

Batmans got a fat tire bike.......

batman.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by piken View Post
                          Batmans got a fat tire bike.......

batman.jpg
                          Apparently Batman has poor taste. Your bike looks much nicer than his.

Comment

I too like the look of dual pipes on the 14.

Brocks makes some nice stuff but they are PROUD of it! and only in single can systems

I know quite a few gun shops are getting into the "coating" market.

However, if you are going with a satin or Ti can then I'd leave the mid pipes silver.

Comment

Leo Vince is also an option but pricey.

Comment

Working...
                              X