Things to do during covid19 shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gregness View Post

Lucky for me, it is legal to make your own whiskey at home in WA. No permit needed...
    Wow, really? That's awesome! I'm jealous.

If I could legally take a mead and distill it into a honey jack, I would. A really intense blueberry brandy would be delicious I bet.

Comment

• I pick up the new bike Saturday. I’m waiting for the rain to stop.

F5385718-CD1F-4610-91DF-226008FD9FD6.jpeg

This is my third ZX14, I’m looking forward to throwing my leg over the saddle. Those stock pipes have to go!
      Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-21-2020, 09:41 PM.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
        I pick up the new bike Saturday. I’m waiting for the rain to stop.

F5385718-CD1F-4610-91DF-226008FD9FD6.jpeg

This is my third ZX14, I’m looking forward to throwing my leg over the saddle. Those stock pipes have to go!
        See in the other thread that you scored a set of Muzzy's

Also, what are you using for a tail bag/ top case with your V 35's?
        Last edited by BIG O; 05-21-2020, 11:10 PM.
        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post
          See in the other thread that you scored a set of Muzzy's Also, what are you using for a tail bag/ top case with your V 35's?
          i haven’t got the Muzzy’s locked in yet. The owner in Virginia is getting a quote on shipping but I’m pretty sure they will come together for me. Update - Muzzy slip-ons are now on their way. I wonder how long shipping from Virginia will take?

I don’t run a top case. I have a very small bag that lives on the back of my Corbin backrest and when I’m touring alone I carry a second tank bag strapped to the passenger seat which holds my rain gear and heated vest. I never have the rear cowl on. I have Givi mounting brackets and they need the rear grab handle as part of the mounting hardware. The rear cowl won’t fit over the rear grab handle. I also run the Corbin saddle and backrest all the time. I find I’ve got lots of room in my v35’s for travel gear. I don’t need the space and I don’t like the look or aerodynamics of a top case.
          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-25-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• AAA2DBF1-76E4-4781-B48D-4B619C79D771.jpeg The new ride is home in the garage. I will move a lot of aftermarket stuff over from my old bike. The corbin saddle, the Givi V35s, my Givi tanklock tank bag and my Throttlemeister throttle lock will all fit. I have my eye on some other want to have items as well. The carbon fiber Muzzys are enroute.

Let the farkling begin.

I forgot, there is no storage on these things stock, not even room for my lipstick.
            Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-25-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

AAA2DBF1-76E4-4781-B48D-4B619C79D771.jpeg The new ride is home in the garage. I will move a lot of aftermarket stuff over from my old bike. The corbin saddle, the Givi V35s, my Givi tanklock tank bag and my Throttlemeister throttle lock will all fit. I have my eye on some other want to have items as well. The carbon fiber Muzzys are enroute.

Let the farkling begin.

I forgot, there is no storage on these things stock, not even room for my lipstick.
              Congrats Dave! Did you get to twist its tail yet?

G
              "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

• Originally posted by gregness View Post
                Congrats Dave! Did you get to twist its tail yet?G
                I had it out for a few hours yesterday n/e of the city. Lots of small towns, straight roads and law enforcement. I had no radar detector, my detector wiring is still on the old bike so I was taking it easy. I did run it through the gears a couple of times just for fun. It pulls like a freight train, a very fast freight train. It was my first real ride this year so I was shaking off the cobwebs. I need to get used to warp speeds again. Winters are long up here.

I did have a young fellow on a Yamaha sport bike who wanted to try me on as we were lined up side by side at the last traffic lights leaving town. I twisted it hard to 60 mph just so he knew what he was messing with. I shut it down just as quickly as we were still technically in the city. Staying on it any longer would have meant going into warp drive in the city limits. I also wasn’t to sure what to expect compared to my old bike. I didn’t want to do anything stupid my first day out and on a new bike no less.

First impressions are that it’s a bit faster and it’s more refined than the first gen 14. It seems smoother and it shifts like butter. I hope they get my old steed fixed soon so I can really compare the two. They are both so stupid rip your arms off fast that you can’t really explore the true performance capabilities on public roads.

I sure had a lot of comments on the colour. It does draw attention.

On another note my surgically repaired wrist seems ok for riding, it’s the first day I’ve tested it. That makes me happy.
                Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-25-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing! Congrats.

Comment

• Bottled my mead! And came up with a meadery name.

IMG_20200524_172231.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                      Bottled my mead! And came up with a meadery name.
                      Whats the alcohol content on that Mark? Duh - I just looked at the label. I see it’s 6.5%. You’ve been on a tear with your at home winery, distillery, brewery work.
                      Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-25-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Great looking bike Dave!!

Looks pristine!!!

See it already has an aftermarket windscreen of some sort?

What farkles you looking at getting for it?
                        I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

• The bike is like new. It was a great find at a great price. I had to earn the right to give it a new home. I met the owner late last season. It took four or five visits to his home and a few cocktails with him and his wife before he felt comfortable selling it to me. There is an interesting story to go with the bike. He had a strong emotional attachment to it and although he wasn’t riding it anymore he didn’t want to sell it to just anyone. It seemed the right home with the right person was more important to him than the price. We became friends and in the end it seemed he wanted me to have it. It was all meant to be and I’m kind of honoured he chose to let it go to me.

First I want to get all of my touring gear on it. I bought the Muzzy slipons and they have been shipped. I need to get them on the bike. I am going to get a price on ceramic coating the midpipes in a smoke finish. That may get done now or it may be a winter project. Then I might get a hugger (either colour matched or carbon fiber) and a colour matched under tail. I could pull the under tail from my blue one and paint it, I’m not sure about that yet. I’m going to have to paint the saddlebag inserts anyway. It has bar risers already and it came with three windscreens and a custom cover. The touring gear and a bit of bling should be it. I will also reflash the ecu but not until next winter.

I don’t want to completely strip my 06, it will be more saleable with a few tasteful mods left on it. I realize I may not be able to sell it right away so I want to keep it looking good as a spare ride until such time as it sells. Right now it’s still sitting in the shop.
                          Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-25-2020, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Have you ever painted using the Color Rite paint?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                                Have you ever painted using the Color Rite paint?
                                Color Rite is my go to source for colour matched motorcycle paint. I’ve ordered material from them when I’ve had stuff sprayed at my body shop and I’ve used their spray cans when doing small jobs myself. Their color matched touch up pens are also a handy to have item in your kit. They a great for stone chips and little nicks and scrapes.
                                Last edited by NotDeadYet; 05-27-2020, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X