No announcement yet.

Things to do during covid19 shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I write this it’s still not here but online tracking shows it as being delivered today at noon. Yay! I payed the taxes and duty online a couple of days ago. It must be getting close.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Man, they send that thing by Pony Express?

It's been almost a month!

Hope the replacement ECU resolves the problem.

Keep us posted

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Shipping has taken 28 days. That sucks, I guess that’s why Fedex and UPS are in business and charge so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post
          Thanks Mike. Shipping has taken 28 days. That sucks, I guess that’s why Fedex and UPS are in business and charge so much.
          Who did you use to deliver it?

And if I may ask what did they charge to ship compared to Fed Ex or UPS?

I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
            Who did you use to deliver it? And if I may ask what did they charge to ship compared to Fed Ex or UPS?
            I just had Dan send it USPS. I expected a 10 day delivery not 28 days. I wasn’t in a hurry but 28 days is “covid” ridiculous. It cost $20.75 US to ship it. I expect a courier would have been triple that plus the couriers then rape me for another $40 for Canadian customs clearance fees. I use USPS as it’s cheaper and 10 day delivery is generally fine with me - 28 days is going back in time to the pony express.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDeadYet View Post

I just had Dan send it USPS. I expected a 10 day delivery not 28 days. I wasn’t in a hurry but 28 days is “covid” ridiculous. It cost $20.75 US to ship it. I expect a courier would have been triple that plus the couriers then rape me for another $40 for Canadian customs clearance fees. I use USPS as it’s cheaper and 10 day delivery is generally fine with me - 28 days is going back in time to the pony express.
              Wow!

I didn't know they'd rape you for an additional $40! Fucking customs fees

You'd think you were shipping something from a third world country half way around the earth

Even $20 seems outrageous.

Anyway, hope it arrives and you are able to get out today and give it a test.

I'll check back later tonight.

Comment

Been using my bike to pick up the microbrews lately
                ​​

Comment

Canada Post lied, they didn’t deliver it today. F...ers!

Comment

Ride to West Virginia. On the coldest May 9 in 75 years. We'll do a late start....IMG_20200509_071544.jpg

Comment

• Beautiful picture Scott

Comment

• NDY, there's a Covid19 outbreak at the Canada Post sorting facility by the airport, so I'm not surprised there's a delay getting from there to you.

the day Moto Burrito opens let's meet up for Mexican coffees and some breakfast. I'll try not to lose my license on the way

Comment

• Made a 6.7% ABV hydromel (mead), most of it's aging in secondary but some is aging in two small barrels: one is 1 liter, the other is 2 liters. Both previously aged American Spirit Whiskey's White Dog, 100% malted rye (previously clear) liquor. Daily tastings are required.
                          • Started a 4.6 gallon waterless blueberry mead, targeting 16% ABV, and I plan to backsweeten it. It'll likely take 6 months before it's ready. This one will be called Bluegrass Blueberry (more on naming below).
                          • bottled and labeled my 2nd/3rd meads! My home meadery name is Up the Neck Meadery (banjo reference), and the names of the meads are Orange Blossom Special (old time banjo/fiddle tune) and Blackberry Blossom (old time fiddle tune)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                            • Made a 6.7% ABV hydromel (mead), most of it's aging in secondary but some is aging in two small barrels: one is 1 liter, the other is 2 liters. Both previously aged American Spirit Whiskey's White Dog, 100% malted rye (previously clear) liquor. Daily tastings are required.
                            • Started a 4.6 gallon waterless blueberry mead, targeting 16% ABV, and I plan to backsweeten it. It'll likely take 6 months before it's ready. This one will be called Bluegrass Blueberry (more on naming below).
                            • bottled and labeled my 2nd/3rd meads! My home meadery name is Up the Neck Meadery (banjo reference), and the names of the meads are Orange Blossom Special (old time banjo/fiddle tune) and Blackberry Blossom (old time fiddle tune)
                            This sounds much more fun than installing insulation and ceiling panels in my shop!

I do fully intend to buy or build a still after I retire and start making moonshine!

G
                            "The Price of Speed is Eternal Vigilance" 2015 ZX14R 30th, Four Kids

Comment

• Originally posted by gregness View Post

This sounds much more fun than installing insulation and ceiling panels in my shop!

I do fully intend to buy or build a still after I retire and start making moonshine!

G
                              https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blo...ultimate-guide

Comment

• Originally posted by gregness View Post

G
                                How long until retirement!

Comment

Working...
                                X