No announcement yet.

Things to do during covid19 shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update, NDY! I hope that does the trick and takes care of the gremlins messing with your bike.
    My ol' ZZR1200 pics:
    http://zzrbikes.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=156883

Comment

Originally posted by spedxprt View Post
      Thanks for the update, NDY! I hope that does the trick and takes care of the gremlins messing with your bike.
      thanks - I hope so too.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it!"

Comment

Originally posted by roiwan View Post

Wow. You have a big yard! Post some pics once you're done completing it.
        11 acres. I will never be finished. It's more a process than a project. When we bought it, all but the area immediately around the house was impassable thicket. As I've worked my way thorough it, gradually expanding both access and visibility, I've found all sorts of small, interesting things, like this cute cactus that puts out small fruits. Right now, it is blooming with red flowers, which I must photograph before they drop or are eaten by the wildlife.

IMG_20190713_171343.jpg
        How To Cheat on Personality Tests
        1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
        (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
        (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
        (c) I never worry much about anything.
        (d) I don't care for books or music much.
        (e) I love my wife and children.
        (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
        From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Dave, I hope Moto Burrito is declared an essential service if the snow ever melts

Comment

Originally posted by reidmct View Post

11 acres. I will never be finished. It's more a process than a project. When we bought it, all but the area immediately around the house was impassable thicket. As I've worked my way thorough it, gradually expanding both access and visibility, I've found all sorts of small, interesting things, like this cute cactus that puts out small fruits. Right now, it is blooming with red flowers, which I must photograph before they drop or are eaten by the wildlife.

IMG_20190713_171343.jpg
            great project - sweet property. As my dad used to say when he lived on a similar sized acreage “too small to farm - too big to mow.”

Comment

Originally posted by reidmct View Post
              If travel restrictions don't stop me, in May I'll be buying a broken KTM RC390 and transplanting a new set of engine cases onto it to make a solid running bike. It will be my second such resurrection.

Attached are pictures of the donor cases as well as the last bike I built and sold. This sort of project carries risks, but is very satisfying when it turns out as planned.

Donor engine cases.jpg

IMG_20191027_165735.jpg
              Nice rebuild - I’ve always like the KTM’s.

Comment

Painted the gills on my ZX 14.

Before:

DSC02255.JPG

After:

DSC02291.JPG

Put on a CF rear hugger too:

DSC02293.JPG
                I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way.

Comment

Might change out my throttle cables on the ZZR, usually a PITA job, but now have plenty of time.
                  I suffer from kleptomania. When it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post
                    That is a huge improvement. So much so that I marvel at how the factory failed to see that is the right way to do it. Bravo!!
                    How To Cheat on Personality Tests
                    1. When asked for word associations or comments about the world, give the most conventional, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian answer possible.

2. To settle on the most beneficial answer to any question, repeat to yourself:
                    (a) I loved my father and my mother, but my father a little bit more.
                    (b) I like things pretty well the way they are.
                    (c) I never worry much about anything.
                    (d) I don't care for books or music much.
                    (e) I love my wife and children.
                    (f) I don't let them get in the way of company work.
                    From <cite>The Organization Man</cite> by William Hollingsworth Whyte, 1956

Comment

Originally posted by YYCZED View Post
                      Dave, I hope Moto Burrito is declared an essential service if the snow ever melts

Amen to that!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG O View Post

Before:

DSC02255.JPG

After:

DSC02291.JPG

Put on a CF rear hugger too:

DSC02293.JPG
                        Much nicer. That’s the way it should have come from the factory.

Comment

I had a problem with the speaker controls in my ski helmet. I ordered a new cable about a month ago and put it in this morning. Everything works again as it should. That makes me very happy. Now if only I were still skiing I could make some use of it. Oh well, they will be good for next season.

On another note I had a slight tear in the stitching on one of my motorcycle gloves. I got busy this morning and repaired that and did a little leather treatment on my favourite riding gloves. You can tell boredom is setting in.

1405529A-E564-4E59-9117-53CE9D69E2DB.jpeg

Comment

Always new I had a few screws loose

loose screws.jpg

Easily get distracted

onions.jpg

Now I know I'm nuts

organizature.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment

Gordon - I think you’ve got “Island Fever.”
                              Don’t worry, it’s not fatal.

Comment

542480E4-5C64-4FE5-993B-4625C92CCC68.jpegOffice colleagues took good care of me on my 60th just before all this isolation change up 6287EB8D-3CAD-4520-8905-8DCEE956DBF0.jpeg
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X